|Page (1) of 1 - 05/02/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Announces Availability of Java 7 for Consumers via java.com(May 02, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/02/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that it has made Java 7 the default version of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) available to consumers on Java.com.
- Oracle will now begin the process of upgrading our user base to the Java 7 release. Over the next several months Java users will be automatically upgraded to Java 7.
- Oracle recommends that Java users always run the most current version of the platform to take advantage of the latest features, functionality and security fixes.
- Consumers can go to java.com to check to see what version of Java they are currently running and download the latest release.
- Oracle recommends removing older versions of Java when you upgrade to new versions. See the Java.com FAQ for additional details and instructions.
- For more details about Java SE 7 and the automatic upgrade a Q&A is available on OTN.
Java Facts and Figures
- 97% of enterprise desktops run Java
- 1 billion Java downloads each year
- 9 million developers worldwide
- More than 3 billion devices are powered by Java technology
- Java Platform, Standard Edition
- Java at Oracle
- OpenJDK Community
- Planet JDK (JDK developer blogs)
- Java User Groups
- Java Source Blog
- Follow the conversation on Twitter: follow @Java
- I Love Java on Facebook
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Security, Internet, Hardware, Security, Marketwire, , Internet Technology, Business, Other,