|Page (1) of 1 - 05/23/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Announces Availability of High Performance Prepaid Charging Solution for Communications Service ProvidersSolution Enables Communications Service Providers to Create New Charging Models and Rapidly Launch Differentiated Services (May 23, 2012)
DUBLIN, IRELAND -- (Marketwire) -- 05/23/12 -- TM FORUM'S MANAGEMENT WORLD 2012 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced the availability of its latest release of Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control, a highly scalable online charging and session control platform for communications service providers (CSPs).
- This new release includes an optimized integration with Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management that helps improve overall application performance and scalability, and provides pre-built service templates to help CSPs more rapidly deliver innovative value-added services and support partner and social relationship models.
- Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control adheres to the latest 3GPP Diameter credit control standards, and enables CSPs to deploy new data charging models and create unique and differentiated charging models by extending those standards.
- This release also includes a new Software Development Kit, which enables CSPs to extend the functionality of Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control to add unique features to their customer offerings.
- Integration between Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control and Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management offers a high performance session control and charging interface that provides:
- An open service enrichment layer to allow rapid delivery of advanced network-facing, value-added services with in- and out-bound Web 2.0 integration using a graphical "drag-and-drop" configuration
- Sophisticated service logic, rating guidance and charging authorization that is executed as part of the runtime call flow with the online charging processing of Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management
- Non-blocking, synchronous and multiple connection pooling with dynamic "least busy" selection to deliver extreme performance and scale
- The Software Development Kit can be used to develop new service provider plug-ins that:
- Accelerate time to market for new features by eliminating the need for custom product coding
- Enable customization of service management, network integration and service logic capabilities, without changes to core product code, to ensure that performance, scalability and future product upgradability are not compromised
- "CSPs need to deliver and monetize innovative, personalized services. The tight integration between Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control and Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management will provide CSPs with the flexibility they require to create and deliver services that improve the customer experience and provide competitive differentiation," said Karl Whitelock, director OSS BSS strategy, Stratecast | Frost & Sullivan.
- "This release underscores Oracle's commitment to delivering high-performance, scalable and extensible products. By enabling customers to develop their own customized plug-ins, we provide them extreme business agility, while helping them avoid costly coding and maintain a clear upgrade path to future product versions," said Liam Maxwell, vice president of products, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communication Network Charging and Control Data Sheet
- Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management
- RELEASE: Oracle Buys Pre-paid Software Assets from eServGlobal
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Applications, Storage, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Software Development, Services, Software, Misc, Standards, Internet Server Applications, IT Management, Management, Ireland, Marketwire, , Internet Technology, Computer Science, Business, Web 2.0, Other,