|Page (1) of 1 - 05/01/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Announces Availability of Advanced Metering Infrastructure Vendor Adapters for Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway(May 01, 2012)
DALLAS, TX and FORT WORTH, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 05/01/12 -- CS Week 2012 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle announced the availability of several advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) vendor adapters for Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway. These adapters provide utilities with a simplified link between smart grid devices and the applications that use their data.
- Using Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway and a vendor adapter can create a central interface point between AMI head-end systems and a variety of other applications such as meter data management, customer care and billing, and network management systems.
- This unified approach allows utilities to quickly connect multi-vendor solutions without requiring complex integration efforts. As a result, utilities can reduce total cost of ownership and more efficiently implement their smart grid initiatives.
- The adapters handle the most common AMI processes including remote connect/disconnect, meter ping, and on-demand reads. They can also be extended, in concert with Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway, to support additional devices or commands.
- The available adapters include:
- Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway Adapter for Echelon
- Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway MV-90 Adapter for Itron
- Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway Adapter for Landis+Gyr
- Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway Adapter for Sensus RNI
- Oracle will soon release Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway Adapter for Silver Spring Networks.
- "As the smart grid evolves, utilities will gather an ever-increasing volume of data from a growing list of devices. Oracle Utilities Smart Grid Gateway and its AMI vendor adapters provide a single point of connection linking devices to the applications that need their data. This enables utilities to dramatically reduce the cost and complexity of enhancing smart grids with new devices, data streams and business processes. A simplified connection also decreases data duplication, fosters application interoperability, and bolsters the security and auditability of smart grid processes," said Rodger Smith, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Utilities.
- Oracle Utilities
- Oracle Utilities on Facebook
- Oracle Utilities on Twitter
- Oracle Utilities on LinkedIn
- Oracle Utilities on Diigo
- Oracle Utilities YouTube Channel
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to utilities, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Applications, asset management, Storage, Productivity Applications, Security, Database, Business Issues, Hardware, Software Development, Software, Misc, Database, Pro Asset Management, Networks, Security, Other Applications, Utilities, Data Management, Other, Business Intelligence, IT Management, Tools, Management, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Business, Other,