|Page (1) of 1 - 05/22/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Achieves TM Forum Business Metrics Automation Certification, Enabling Service Providers to More Effectively Benchmark PerformanceOracle Continues to Deliver on Commitment to Standardization; Latest Adapter for Oracle Communications Data Model Helps Service Providers Optimize Business Operations (May 22, 2012)
DUBLIN, IRELAND -- (Marketwire) -- 05/22/12 -- TM FORUM'S MANAGEMENT WORLD 2012 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced the release of Oracle Communications Data Model 11.3.1, which has been certified by the TM Forum to support its Business Metrics Automation program. The solution enables communications service providers (CSPs) to analyze multiple business areas -- including revenue, customer, network fault and performance, provisioning and service activation data.
- This announcement is further evidence of Oracle's strong commitment to certifying its products against TM Forum standards, enabling CSPs to more easily evaluate vendor offerings, make more informed purchase decisions and accelerate implementations.
- Oracle also announced the release of the Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management Adapter for Oracle Communications Data Model to support the rapid aggregation and analysis of billing data.
Oracle Communications Data Model 11.3.1 Details
- Service providers require rapid insight to operational data and changing customer behavior to optimize business performance, foster innovation and deliver a differentiated customer experience. Historically, it has been difficult and costly for CSPs to aggregate operational data and consistently measure performance.
- Through the Business Metrics Automation Certification program, TM Forum works with software suppliers to incorporate its standardized Business Metrics into products and solutions, enabling service providers to automatically upload metric data into the TM Forum Business Benchmark Database rather than collating and entering that data manually. By participating in the Business Metrics Automation Certification program, software suppliers can certify the ability of their products to interact securely with the TM Forum Business Benchmarking Database.
- Certified to TM Forum's Business Metrics Automation standards, Oracle Communications Data Model enables CSPs to automatically calculate business metrics from operational systems and submit results, rather than needing to rekey information.
- Oracle Communications Data Model 11.3.1 has been certified against the billing, fulfillment and service-level agreement (SLA) management Business Metrics Automation metric groups including:
- Billing calculation (BICal), such as the percentage of e-payments received
- Billing receivables management (BRM)
- Billing inquiry, dispute and adjustment (BIDA), which helps CSPs calculate the cost of billing errors
- Billing collection management (BCM)
- Fulfillment customer order management (COM), including averages for service order fulfillment and order activation
- Fulfillment service order management (SOM), which measures the percentage of service activation failures
- Service-level agreement management, which enables CSPs to measure the number of customer issues that are handled within SLA time requirements
- Oracle Communications Data Model is a standards-based, pre-built data warehouse with a comprehensive database schema, which provides sophisticated trending and predictive analytics capabilities, as well as an extensive portfolio of dashboards, all focused specifically on communications industry business challenges.
- The pre-built integration between Oracle Communications Data Model and Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management is designed to reduce the risk and cost associated with implementing and maintaining an enterprise data warehouse.
- The solution can dramatically shorten the development cycle for new data warehouses -- traditionally 18-24 months -- with customers successfully going into production in as little as seven months.
Oracle and TM Forum Certification
- This announcement is just the latest in a series of Oracle TM Forum certifications. In March 2012, Oracle announced that Oracle Communications Unified Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) Solution completed the TM Forum Frameworx Solution Certification.
- Oracle also announced in March that Oracle Communications Pricing Design Center completed the TM Forum Frameworx Product Certification process.
- Oracle became the first vendor to complete the TM Forum Frameworx Solution Certification process in March 2011, when its Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery solution received certification.
- In 2010, Oracle Communications Data Model received certification for TM Forum's Information Framework (SID), which serves as a common reference model for enterprise information in the communications industry.
- "TM Forum's Business Metrics Automation makes comparative data easily accessible to service providers by implementing standard metrics in supplier products and enabling service providers to automatically participate in our business benchmarking program through those products," said George Greenlee, senior vice president of product management, TM Forum. "We are pleased to acknowledge Oracle's Business Metrics Automation Certification for Oracle Communications Data Model. This certification helps the entire industry improve the accuracy of comparative data collection."
- "Communications service providers are facing growing challenges in managing exploding quantities of data, and the ability to quickly process and analyze data against industry standards to make well-informed decisions is crucial. Oracle Communications Data Model and Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management Adapter help to streamline the data collection process, while TM Forum Business Metrics Automation certification allows providers to quickly analyze and benchmark their performance," said Liam Maxwell vice president of products, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Data Model
- RELEASE: Oracle Communications Unified Customer Relationship Management and Billing and Revenue Management Solution and Pricing Design Center Achieve TM Forum Frameworx Solution and Product Certifications
- RELEASE: Latest Release of Oracle Communications Data Model Further Simplifies Service Provider Data Analysis
- RELEASE: Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution is First to Achieve New TM Forum Frameworx Solution Certification
- RELEASE: Oracle Communications Data Model Receives Broadest and Most Comprehensive TM Forum Information Framework (SID) Certification
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Applications, Storage, Database, Business Issues, Hardware, Software, Misc, Database, Standards, Other, Business Intelligence, IT Management, Management, Ireland, Marketwire, , Business, Other,