|Page (1) of 1 - 05/07/12||email article||print page|
Opengear to Showcase Comprehensive Remote Infrastructure Management Offerings at Interop Las VegasOpengear Booth Demonstrations to Feature Solutions for Remote Infrastructure Management and Data Center Infrastructure Management; Opengear to Power Interop NOC (May 07, 2012)
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 05/07/12 -- Interop - Opengear (http://www.opengear.com), a leading provider of secure enterprise-grade console servers and remote infrastructure management (RIM) solutions, will showcase a full suite of Remote Infrastructure Management and Data Center Infrastructure Management solutions at Interop Las Vegas 2012 Booth #2363, taking place at Mandalay Bay May 6-10. In addition, Opengear has been selected for the second year in a row by UBM TechWeb's InteropNet's NOC team to provide the company's IM4200 product family of console servers to monitor and manage Interop's show network. The company will also be featured in a line-up of speaking and awards programs at the show.
Opengear's Interop Activities include:
- Managing the Interop show network
Opengear will provide the out-of-band access for device configuration and troubleshooting for the Interop NOC, show floor and off-show floor production infrastructure, including:
- Logging configuration history for operators to use in forensic/diagnostic situations.
- Providing a secondary secure wireless/cellular connection to key racks in the unlikely event of an out-of-band network outage. Uptime, redundancy and fault tolerance were key factors in designing the Interop NOC network and the Opengear solution can be used for emergency recovery or equipment configuration access in situations where a network device malfunctions and needs to be bypassed.
- Opengear has designed its portion of the Internet NOC remote infrastructure management architecture to be set up and torn down very quickly, since it is a temporary event network.
- John Bedrick, Chief Marketing Officer and VP of Product Management for Opengear, will present "Out-of-Band RIM for IT and Operational Technology (OT)," on Thursday, May 10th at 12:15pm. Bedrick will describe the requirements for remote management of IT and OT resources and discuss strategies which meet the needs of both.
- Product demonstrations at Opengear Interop Booth #2363
- Interop attendees can stop by the Opengear Booth to view live product demonstrations of secure out-of-band management solutions that provide continuity of business critical functions.
- Award Nominations
- Opengear's AMC5504-5-G-I RIM Gateway AMC5504-5-G-I RIM Gateway is a finalist for Networks Products Guide HOT Companies & Technologies 2012 for the categories of: Most Innovative IT Hardware, Network Management, Infrastructure, and Best IT Hardware.
Opengear (http://www.opengear.com) develops smart solutions for critical network infrastructure management. Opengear's Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) and Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) appliances secure and simplify remote monitoring, access and control of critical IT, network, operations technology and industrial control systems.
Opengear's smart appliances integrate next-generation automation and true out-of-band management technologies, ensuring that customers maintain complete control over critical infrastructure -- wherever, whenever.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Opengear, Office Equipment, Sales & Marketing, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Architecture, Management, Marketwire, , Interop Attendees, Appliances, Internet Technology, Business, Internet, Family,