|Page (1) of 1 - 04/16/10||email article||print page|
OpenLogic Announces General Availability of OpenLogic OSS Deep DiscoveryOSS Deep Discovery Now Identifies More Than 6 Billion Lines of Open Source Code (April 16, 2010)
BROOMFIELD, CO -- (Marketwire) -- 04/16/10 -- OpenLogic, Inc., a provider of enterprise open source software support and solutions encompassing hundreds of open source packages, today announced the general availability of OpenLogic OSS Deep Discovery.
OpenLogic OSS Deep Discovery, first announced in December 2009, extends the capabilities of OpenLogic's OSS Discovery scanning tool, which has been available under an open source license since 2007. OSS Deep Discovery uses multiple new techniques to find open source components or even snippets of code that might be copied from open source projects. OSS Deep Discovery can even find open source code that has been deliberately changed to hide the origin.
"OpenLogic has offered open source scanning technology since 2006, and our solutions have been used to scan tens of thousands of systems and applications. We created OSS Deep Discovery because our enterprise customers wanted a fast, lightweight, accurate scanning solution that would help them get a complete picture of open source usage and help them ensure license compliance," said Steven Grandchamp, CEO of OpenLogic.
OpenLogic OSS Deep Discovery:
- Leverages the industry's largest library of open source project data: OpenLogic's newly expanded library contains data on more than 330,000 open source projects.
- Uses the largest repository of open source fingerprints and code: OSS Deep Discovery uses multiple techniques to identify open source code while avoiding the numerous false positives and misidentifications that are common with existing scanning tools. The scanner can identify fingerprints of more than 6 billion lines of code.
- Built on high-speed, scalable, secure architecture: OSS Deep Discovery compares your code to OpenLogic's highly scalable private cloud repository of fingerprints for open source projects. OpenLogic leverages leading open source technologies such as Hadoop and Hbase to accelerate scanning and deliver results more quickly. All OSS Deep Discovery scans are done behind the corporate firewall so that customers' source code stays secure.
- Uses advanced noise-reduction techniques for maximal accuracy: Due to the complicated network of dependencies between open source projects, many first-generation scanning tools have been unable to accurately pinpoint the right open source project among dozens or even hundreds of matches. Leveraging OpenLogic's broad database and understanding of open source projects, OpenLogic has pioneered the best noise reduction techniques in the industry to bypass time-consuming, manual review.
- Offers security, is lightweight and cross platform: All OSS Deep Discovery scans are done behind the corporate firewall so that customers' source code stays secure. The OpenLogic OSS Deep Discovery client is lightweight and can easily be downloaded in minutes and runs on Linux, Unix, Mac, Windows or any Java-enabled platform.
"OpenLogic's advanced noise-reduction technique make the accuracy of OSS Deep Discovery unmatched among open source scanning tools," said Kim Weins, SVP Products and Marketing at OpenLogic. "We have been using OSS Deep Discovery for our open source audit services and have measured results that show 94% of matches being automatically identified to the correct project with only 6% of matches requiring user review to select from a small set of potential options. These results mean that companies don't need to spend days reviewing and reconciling scan data in order to create an accurate inventory of their open source usage."
OpenLogic OSS Deep Discovery is available now as part of the OLEX License Compliance module and starts at $5,000.
OpenLogic is a leading provider of open source solutions that enable enterprises to safely acquire, support, and control open source software. OpenLogic provides enterprises with a certified library of open source software that encompasses hundreds of the most popular open source packages via OpenLogic Exchange (OLEX), a free web site where companies can find, research, and download certified, enterprise-ready open source packages on demand. With the broadest open source coverage in the industry, OpenLogic offers indemnification; updates; and enterprise-grade technical support backed by the OpenLogic Expert Community. OpenLogic also provides solutions for open source governance and to automate the integration and deployment of open source components -- reducing the risk and maximizing the cost savings associated with using open source software. For more on OpenLogic, go to www.openlogic.com.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords:open source support, open source scanning, open source projects,Unix,Mac,Unix,Linux,OS9,OSX,Marketwire, Inc.,Internet Technology,