|Page (1) of 1 - 02/14/12||email article||print page|
OpTier Always-on APM 4.5 Now Available for Today's Always-On BusinessNew "Always-on APM" 4.5 Brings a New Dimension of Analytics to APM With New Business Process Perspective; Extends Offering With Always-On Production Diagnostics in a Single Cloud-Ready Product (February 14, 2012)
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/12 -- OpTier, the leader in business transaction-driven application performance management (APM), today announced OpTier Always-on APM version 4.5 with significant enhancements that enable today's always-on business.
Always-on APM 4.5 is the first release that reflects the company's rebrand to Always-on APM. (Editors, please see separate press release titled: "OpTier Rebrands APM Product, Signifying Industry Need for New Approach to APM to Assure Today's Always-on Business," dated February 14, 2012). OpTier has rebranded its entire offering to reflect what OpTier brings to the market -- an APM software solution that enables the business to be "always-on," which means making every user interaction count, wherever users are, however users interact, over any IT architecture. OpTier helps businesses deliver immediate user response with faster transactions, and be dynamic to resist impact of changes. Businesses can then be more agile to take advantage of new opportunities.
"Today's IT organizations are faced with ever increasing complexity in both infrastructure and application design, yet are still held to the highest expectations for keeping the business running," said Jonah Kowall, research director at Gartner. "Products which address the needs of multiple buying groups increase the viability and versatility of the APM product once deployed in an enterprise."
According to Tim Travaille, Chief Information Officer of Frontier Communications, the nation's largest communications company focused on rural America, "We chose OpTier because Frontier puts the customer first. OpTier will help ensure a great experience for our customers by allowing us to monitor application performance 24/7." Frontier's range of residential and business products include voice, high-speed internet, video, and security solutions in addition to MetroE, VoIP and ROADM networks. "The performance of our offerings is critical to the success of our customers," Travaille added. "They rely on us, and we are relying on OpTier to help meet their expectations."
"OpTier continues to innovate in application performance management with its differentiated business transaction-driven technology," said Spencer Holland, Strategic Architect at Capgemini. "OpTier has provided us with actionable intelligence to help us avoid costly service level breaches and ensure our business is always-on."
Always-on APM version 4.5 features;
- Business process flow visualization across transactions - Within the same UI and data model, the product opens up a new dimension to APM software analytics by presenting a step-by-step flow of business processes, isolating bottlenecks and broken steps and providing unmatched visibility into business impact. This shows real-time business process health indicators, service levels and identifies any incomplete processes, bringing a new analytics dimension of APM to IT management.
- Always-on application diagnostics for Java and .NET is designed to run in production and "always-on" with less than 2% overhead. New one-click visibility into code analysis including call methods, stack trace and SQL statements for faster problem resolution based on real transactions.
- Browser-based user activity - A new method using Java Script injection breaks down client response time and Content Delivery Network (CDN) time, providing valuable insight into the impact of third-party content on the End-Users. Additionally, all mobile devices (SmartPhones, PCs, tablets, etc.) that users are increasingly using to access their business applications are monitored with Always-on APM.
- Cloud-ready within the same product - Gives visibility into cloud performance for transactions such as credit card/account validations and SOA services. IT can assess application readiness before migrating to the cloud, compare before/after performance with baselines, and provide ongoing management once applications are in the cloud. In-depth relevant metrics such as consumption and costs help enterprises with chargeback and provisioning.
- Usability enhancements and expanded platform support - Central access provides a federated approach for very large deployments enables faster problem resolution. New agentless message bus support (IBM MQ, TIBCO EMS, ActiveMQ, SonicMQ & other JMS buses) and additional TCP/IP protocols (FIX, FTP, MQ, and more) are supported.
"Always-on APM 4.5 is a significant release because it adds new breakthrough capabilities that further enable the always-on business," said Motti Tal, executive vice president of Marketing, Product and Corporate development at OpTier. "OpTier Always-on APM is the industry's only enterprise-class APM product that crosses all application boundaries in a single product, making it easy for business and IT to access powerful transaction intelligence with its continued delivery of actionable analytics and deep diagnostics. Version 4.5 is also cloud-ready out-of-the-box so customers can simultaneously apply this same groundbreaking technology to their applications on the cloud."
Always-on APM 4.5 is available immediately. Go to www.optier.com or call (212) 679-2700.
In today's always-on economy, businesses need always-on application performance. OpTier is the leader in enterprise-class, transaction-driven Application Performance Management (APM), assuring more business transactions every second than any other IT management software vendor.OpTier's always-on, business-transaction approach automatically ties together the business process, end-user, application, datacenter and cloud perspectives, providing unmatched visibility across silos. A complete APM solution in a single product, OpTier Always-on APM delivers actionable intelligence to manage application performance that drives business. Global 1000 customers, including Capgemini, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley and O2, protect revenue and improve client experience by eliminating outages, resolving problems 100 times faster and optimizing returns from existing IT investments. A recognized leader in Gartner's 2011 Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring, OpTier pioneered the concept that transactions are where IT and business meet.
Anne Herreria for OpTier
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: application performance management, APM, always-on business, cloud computing, IT management software, Holland,Marketwire, ,Internet Technology,Business,Internet,Other,