|Page (1) of 1 - 03/01/06||email article||print page|
Olive unveils OPUSHigh-end CD player stores 1,100 CDs in lossless quality (March 01, 2006)
Olive's new OPUS
Like Olives award-wining music center line, the OPUS allows users to record, tag and archive CDs with a simple button, using an ultra-quiet hard drive that holds up to 1,100 CDs in lossless quality. Once in the digital domain users can conveniently access their music and create playlists across their entire collection.
Designed for the audiophile, the Olive Musica features Olive's Digital Pure Audio technology, which has received wide press recognition for its superb audio fidelity in Olive's classical music solution, the Symphony.
?Integrating convergence technology into a high-end audio device ultimately leads to a better music experience. said Oliver Bergmann, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer and President of Olive Media Products, Inc. ?But it also poses a great challenge due to its distortional influence on audio reproduction. Olives long-standing engineering experience with both worlds allows the OPUS to take advantage of the digital audio revolution, while delivering a stunning sonic performance.
The OPUS remarkable acoustic performance is complemented by its minimalist design. Built out of fine grade aluminum the solid chassis features a distinctive front plate with an elegant CD door, and is optimized to reduce operating noise and vibration.
The Olive OPUS in brief.
Harmonious circuit architecture.
* Hand-designed audio board with double-sided assembly provides clean signal path and considerable reduction in parasitic inductance and capacitance.
* Extensive use of separate analog and digital planes as well as separate power and ground planes reduces ground impedance, crosstalk, and noise floor.
Premium DAC design.
* 4x Burr-Brown 24-bit/192 kHz DACs ensure maximum resolution and accuracy.
* 8X oversampling with 352.8 kHz sample rate eliminates ultrasonic noise and allows the use of gentle analog filters.
* Ultra-low jitter master clock eliminates timing error-induced distortion.
* Precision analog output section maintains linearity and low noise.
* Passive anti-image filter avoids slew-induced distortion and power supply modulation.
*Independent supplies for analog and digital sections, including toroidal transformers, prevent corruption of analog signal.
* Low noise linear regulators keep noise levels low while supplying tightly regulated power.
* Large reservoir capacitance provides current reserves for transients and extended bass response.
* Power-line EMI/RFI filtering reduces noise induced from mains.
* Solid chassis and closed front plate eliminate noise of CD & HD mechanism.
* Special 8X bearing for HD eliminates vibration and operating noise.
* Power efficient components allow fan-less design.
* Ultra-quiet 400GB hard drive stores up to 1,100 CDs in lossless quality.
* Integrated CD database provides music information.
* High-resolution LCD and intuitive jog-shuttle for convenient navigation.
* Play, burn or copy audio CDs.
* Update your Apple iPod.
* Stream music to multiple rooms (build-in Ethernet hub and 802.11g access point)
* Free preload of the customers music collection with purchase of the OPUS (Limited time offer. See website for terms and conditions.).
Pricing And Availability
The Olive OPUS will be available beginning of March 2006 for US$2,999. Products are available through certified resellers or directly by phone (1.877.BY.OLIVE), and online at www.olive.us.
About Olive Media Products
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, OliveŽ is a privately held company driven by a team of music aficionados with a vision to create the perfect audio experience. With a deep understanding of audio and convergence technology, OliveŽ solutions deliver the best of both worlds, combining high fidelity sound and innovative features with intuitive navigation and attractive design.
For more information about Olive and its many fine products visit www.olive.us or call 1.877.BY.OLIVE.
Related Keywords:Olive, OPUS, CD player, audiophile, playlists,