|Page (1) of 1 - 10/23/13||email article||print page|
Okuma America Hosts Technology Showcase, December 10-12(October 23, 2013)
Charlotte, N.C. (PRWEB) October 23, 2013
Okuma America Corporation, a world-leader in CNC machine tools, holds the 2013 Technology Showcase event on December 10-12, 2013 in Charlotte N.C. The event gives attendees the opportunity to witness the latest technology via hands-on demonstrations, and allows them to learn how this new technology can be applied to their specific manufacturing challenges.
The demonstrations are relevant to attendees from a wide variety of industries, with cutting demonstrations using composite material, Inconel, titanium and carbon fiber, on a variety of machines including the LB-3000 EX, MULTUS B750, MB-4000H, PALLETACE (flexible manufacturing system), and the VTR-160A double column turning center.
Members of Partners in THINC will demonstrate how peripheral equipment such as tooling, gaging, workholding, automation, and CNC control software can be integrated with Okuma technology to improve productivity. This three-day event features a wide array of learning opportunities, allowing each attendee to customize the experience. Featured areas include:
- Proprietary Okuma technologies including Collision Avoidance System, Thermal Active Stabilizer, Machining-Navi, Super-NURBS, Turn-Cut and 5-Axis Auto Tuning System
- Drawing-to-part demonstrations show the process of taking a concept from design to a shippable part, for a variety of applications utilizing technology from Partners in THINC
- Lights-out manufacturing using an automation cell on a low-cost, high-accuracy CNC lathe
- Hard turning Rc60+ on an LB-3000EX lathe, to save time and money
- Gear cutting on a 2-axis lathe with milling function and on a multi-function lathe
- Various automation cells ranging from barfeeding a lathe, to robot loading/unloading, to a full flexible manufacturing system (FMS) with three integrated horizontal machining centers
- More than 10 educational demonars each day on a variety of topics such as Caron Engineering Adaptive Software (TMAC), Renishaw Equator, Real Time Connectability, Machining-Navi, and Turn-Cut, PALLETACE (FMS)
In addition to the multitude of machines and cutting demonstrations, and in honor of the 50th anniversary of the OSP control, the revolutionary Okuma THINC®-OSP-P300 control is available for hands-on trials. Featuring applications including the Collision Avoidance System, One-Touch IGF, 3D Virtual Monitor, Caron Engineerings TMAC and dataZens Mira, the user-friendly, self-directed displays make it easy for users to Try It. All attendees that complete a Try It demonstration will be entered to in a drawing to win an iPad.
2013 Technology Showcase attendees can participate in facility tours of Okuma Headquarters offered multiple times a day. The tours will give attendees a behind-the-scenes look at how Okuma America responds to and supports customers in North, Central and South America. The tour will include stops in the following areas:
- Board Repair Exchange program where spindle and axis drive units, operation panels, external power supplies and OSP control boards are repaired, often in less than 24 hours.
- Mechanical Exchange Spindles, cam boxes, VAC motors among others are repaired here. More than 325 units are ready to ship and more than $1.4 million in replacement parts inventory are housed.
- Electrical Assembly Where more than 190 options kits are produced each month.
- Options Installation Installation of options on Okuma CNC machines. Common installations include auto-doors, parts catchers, robot loaders, barfeeder interfaces, and 4th axis interfaces. More than 30 machine options are installed each month.
- Metrology Lab Supports ISO 9001: 2008 testing and record keeping requirements. Equipment used for inspection and testing of roundness, cylindricity, concentricity, surface finish, part profile, and hardness is housed here.
- Showroom Okuma machine tools are on display with the latest equipment, options, and software.
For more information on the demonstrations and technology on display, or to register for this event, visit http://www.okuma.com/events/2013TechShow.
About Okuma America Corporation
Okuma America Corporation is the U.S.-based sales and service affiliate of Okuma Corporation, a world leader in CNC (computer numeric control) machine tools, founded in 1898 in Nagoya, Japan. The company is the industrys only single-source provider, with the CNC machine, drive, motors, encoders, spindle and CNC control all manufactured by Okuma. Okumas innovative and reliable technology, paired with comprehensive, localized service protection, allows users to run continuously with confidence maximizing profitability. Along with its industry-leading distribution network (largest in the Americas), and Partners in THINC, Okuma facilitates quality, productivity and efficiency, empowering the customer and enabling competitive advantage in todays demanding manufacturing environment. For more information, visit http://www.okuma.com or follow us on Facebook or Twitter @OkumaAmerica.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11259254.htm.