|Page (1) of 1 - 02/21/12||email article||print page|
ObjectVideo Announces New Version of Its Intelligent Analytics SoftwareOV6 Video Analytics Brings Improved Detection and Tracking Accuracy, Faster Performance and Easier Setup and Configuration (February 21, 2012)
RESTON, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/21/12 -- ObjectVideo®, Inc., the Leader in Intelligent Video, today announced the general availability of version 6 of its industry-leading video analytics product. ObjectVideo (OV)6 contains a major science revision of the software's core content analysis engine, which significantly improves target detection, separation, tracking and classification of objects within the video scene. These software improvements provide better analytics performance and reduced timeframes to set up multiple video channels producing optimal results. Users in a variety of industries will benefit from the new software, especially those who are utilizing its human and vehicle counting capabilities in business intelligence-gathering environments like retail and transportation.
Additionally, OV6 configuration is simplified through the use of enhanced calibration tools that guide the user through a few straightforward, intuitive steps. This feature reduces the time and expense of downstream support for any project or solution requiring video analytics. OV6 is available as software running within a Windows/Intel environment, including Windows 7, and can be incorporated as part of a larger video management system (VMS) or DVR/NVR solution.
"OV6 is a great step forward in making video analytics more practical out-of-the-box. Users will benefit from the greater accuracy and faster performance," said Raul Fernandez, ObjectVideo CEO. "As a company, we will continue to bring these kinds of product innovations to the market, so that users can continue to make video analytics a valuable part of every video system deployment."
Other features of the new OV6:
- Greatly improved optimization now allows for 64 or more channels of video analytics on a typical server or PC platform.
- A comprehensive set of web-based User Interfaces, which include rollover view magnification for more precise calibration and rules viewing.
- ObjectVideo supports this product release with an OV6-compatible version of its Event Counting Suite software for business intelligence solutions.
- The inclusion of a new OV services browser, which automatically finds all OV Ready-discoverable devices on the network. Using this new tool, configuring OV Ready-compliant devices is as simple as clicking a link to launch the interface.
- The new OV6 platform allows ObjectVideo to introduce new product features more quickly, such as Flow Control, Crowd Estimation and accurate color-based detection to subsequent releases.
OV6 will be available for demo at ObjectVideo's booth (#1095) at the ISC West Expo, in Las Vegas, NV, USA from March 28-30, 2012.
About ObjectVideo, Inc.
ObjectVideo is the world's leading innovator and practitioner in intelligent video software, utilized by organizations worldwide to enhance security, streamline operations and provide business intelligence. ObjectVideo's patented technology can be effectively deployed anywhere within a video system and is available to market through leading providers as a high-value component of the surveillance solution. The Company is well-resourced, has an experienced leadership team and maintains a strong partner sales network of manufacturers and technology providers around the world. To stay up-to-date on ObjectVideo news, visit www.objectvideo.com/news/
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: ObjectVideo, OV, OV6, new version, new features, video analytics, VCA, detection, tracking, accuracy, Intel, USA,Marketwire, ,Business,Science,Other,