|Page (1) of 1 - 03/23/10||email article||print page|
OWC DIY Kits Offer Value Solution To Add Larger, Faster Drive To Notebooks & Continue Use Of Old Drive As Portable ExternalOver 50 "two upgrades in one" kits starting at $67.99 offer Mac & PC users hard drive, install tools & bus powered enclosure (March 23, 2010)
Other World Computing (OWC(r)) http://www.macsales.com, a leading zero emissions Mac(r) and PC technology company, announced today the availability of over 50 OWC Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Storage Upgrade Kits priced starting at $67.99 MSRP that consist of a 2.5" SATA hard drive up to 1TB, an OWC brand FireWire and/or USB 2.0 bus powered 2.5" portable external enclosure, and a five piece installation tool kit. With an OWC DIY Storage Upgrade Kit, Mac and PC notebook users and Mac mini users can upgrade their computer's internal hard drive to a new larger capacity and/or faster speed, transfer their data to the new drive, and then continue using the "old" drive by installing it into the provided OWC enclosure for a "new" pocket-sized external drive at savings of up to 40% versus buying all the included components separately.
Kits Answer Drive Upgrade Questions
Consumers running out of hard drive space on their notebooks often aren't aware they can upgrade the internal drive and what's required to get the job done. OWC DIY Storage Upgrade Kits answer four key questions:
1. What size and speed drive to install? OWC DIY Kits offer larger drives than the factory original up to 1TB as well as speeds up to 7200RPM for faster boot times, app loads, and overall system responsiveness.
2. What do I do with my old drive? OWC DIY Kits come with a choice of OWC brand FireWire and/or USB 2.0 bus powered external enclosures so the existing drive can be continued to be used as a portable external drive for additional data storage and/or backup.
3. How do I transfer my data to the new drive? Because OWC DIY Kits include cables for all the supported interfaces, simply connect the OWC external drive to the computer to access the data.
4. How difficult is it to upgrade? OWC offers free on-line resources to make upgrading quick and easy. OWC's Tech Tip on how to transfer data from an existing drive to a new drive can be found at http://eshop.macsales.com/tech_center/tech_tips/sparedrive.cfm while installation videos at http://eshop.macsales.com/installvideos/ show how to remove and install Mac drives as well as how to install the replaced drive into the OWC enclosure.
OWC DIY Storage Upgrade Kits starting at $67.99 are available for immediate ordering from Other World Computing at http://www.macsales.com/laptopdiy in the following enclosure models:
* OWC Express USB 2.0 Bus Powered Enclosure Bundle
Kit includes 2.5" 250GB to 1TB drive, enclosure for replaced drive, USB interface connecting cable, carrying sleeve, and five-piece toolkit.
* OWC Mercury On-The-Go Pro FireWire 800/400 and/or USB 2.0 Bus Powered Enclosure Bundle
Kit includes 2.5" 320GB to 1TB drive, enclosure for replaced drive, interface connecting cables, carrying case, five-piece toolkit, and $200 retail value disk utilities bundle.
OWC DIY Storage Upgrade Kits are compatible with Apple OS 8.6 to 9.2.2, Apple OS X (all versions) including the latest 10.6 "Snow Leopard"; and Windows 98SE or later operating systems and come ready to upgrade a Mac or PC notebook or Mac mini internal drive with greater storage and turn the replaced drive into an external bus powered drive for additional storage and backup.
Full Line Of Bare 2.5" Drives
In addition to its DIY Storage Upgrade Kits, OWC also offers MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, and PC notebook owners a full line of "bare" 2.5" SATA 5400RPM and 7200RPM hard disk drives and SSDs in capacities of 50GB to 1TB priced starting at $49.99. For more information on all 2.5" internal drive options offered by OWC, visit: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/hard-drives/2.5-Notebook/
"Two things never go out of style…value and having enough data storage," said Larry O'Connor, CEO, Other World Computing. "Our DIY Kits are an excellent way for Mac and PC users to expand their internal capacity and add external capacity with one complete, value-priced bundle."
Related Keywords:OWC, upgrage, storage, solution, bus powered, notebook, firewire, USB, external drive
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved