|Page (1) of 1 - 06/05/02||email article||print page|
OS X Update Brings Maya Back to the Mac10.1.5 adds improved stability, networking
Alias|Wavefront offers the following advice on using Maya with 10.1.5:
- Before installing 10.1.5, uninstall Maya (or the Maya Learning Edition).
- Install the OS X 10.1.5 update.
- Reinstall Maya.
- If you have already updated to 10.1.5 prior to uninstalling Maya, Alias says there is no fool-proof method for uninstalling the software. This will not cause problems with the software, but it will leave unnecessary files on your hard disk.
Aside from bringing support back to Maya, the 10.1.5 update adds a number of enhancements to the previous version in the way of stability for applications, networking and security. Specific changes include:
- Update 10.1.5 delivers enhancements which improve the reliability of Mac OS X applications, delivers improved networking, security, support for PC Card serial communication devices, and expanded peripheral device support. Specific improvements include:
- Expanded support for several digital cameras and media readers.
- Increased stability for Mail and Sherlock.
- Support for 2D and QuickTime hardware acceleration for Rage Pro.
- Updated Carbon applications can use Quartz anti-aliasing technology for high-quality text display.
- Improved networking via AFP when accessing multi-level directories on Windows NT file servers.
- "Significant improvement" to file searching on local and remote volumes.
- Generic PC Card driver to support PC Card modems.
- More efficient iDisk mounting and file navigation.
- Added support for connecting to iDisk using default DNS settings of AirPort.
- Support for mounting a WebDAV volume from a non-standard http port.
The OS X 10.1.5 update is expected to be the last before Apple releases Jaguar this summer, though this may change. The update is available through the Software Update System Preference.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:OS X Update Brings Maya Back to the Mac 10.1.5 adds improved stability, networking
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved