|Page (1) of 1 - 05/03/12||email article||print page|
Norton 2013 Public Betas Now AvailableBetas Deliver Windows 8 Compatibility and New Cloud-Based Technologies to Keep Consumers Safe (May 03, 2012)
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/03/12 -- Today Norton by Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC) released the 2013 public betas of the award-winning Norton Internet Security, Norton AntiVirus and Norton 360. Available for free download from the Norton beta website, these products are designed for compatibility with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview, in addition to Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
With the 2013 betas, Norton continues to leverage the power of the cloud to keep consumers safe in all they do online -- whether browsing, socializing or shopping. In addition to delivering core protection via the cloud, the betas now include improved cloud-enabled features such as Norton Management, Norton Identity Safe and online backup(1), which allow consumers to conveniently manage their security and keep their personal information safe, anywhere, anytime.
The 2013 betas are designed to outperform the award-winning previous versions which already lead the industry in both protection(2) and performance(3). In addition to delivering best-in-class core security technologies and a seamless user experience, the betas include key enhancements including:
- Metro App Protection - New protection capabilities provide security for consumers using Windows 8 Metro apps.
- Next Generation Firewall Protection(4) - Norton's award-winning Insight technology has been incorporated into the Norton firewall to improve the ability to detect and block malicious network activity including botnet activity which attempts to steal consumers' personal information.
- Bandwidth Monitoring - Increased intelligence and improved integration with the operating system will help consumers avoid costly data overage fees by limiting non-critical updates on bandwidth sensitive networks.
Norton Internet Security, Norton AntiVirus and Norton 360 deliver the industry's leading PC protection and top-rated performance, and play an integral part in furthering the Norton commitment to protecting consumers across all aspects of their digital lives. All three betas are available for free download now at the Norton Beta Center. Beta testers are encouraged to share feedback and discuss their product experiences in our online Norton Public Beta Forum. For more information about Norton and Windows 8, visit http://us.norton.com/windows8/promo.
Norton protects the Stuff that matters to consumers, across all aspects of their digital lives. Norton provides a range of security solutions including technologies for PCs and mobile devices, live tech support services and online backup. Like Norton on Facebook.
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.com.
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec, the Symantec Logo, the Checkmark Logo, and Norton are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Forward Looking Statements: Any forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.
(1) Norton Management and Norton Identity Safe available in Norton Internet Security and Norton 360 betas. Online backup available in Norton 360 beta.
(2) Source: AV-TEST Institute January 2012 Real World Protection and Remediation Testing Report
(3) Source: PassMark Software, January 2012 Consumer Security Products Performance Benchmarks (Edition 3)
(4) Next Generation Firewall Protection available in Norton Internet Security and Norton 360 betas.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Symantec Corporation, Windows, WinXP, Windows Vista, USA, Marketwire, , Environmental Technology, Internet Technology, Internet, Internet Security, Other,