|Page (1) of 1 - 01/10/12||email article||print page|
Node Summit Announces NodeJam Finalists35 Startups Selected to Present Their Innovative Node.js Applications and Services in Front of a Distinguished Panel of Judges at Node Summit (January 10, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/10/12 -- Node Summit, the only conference to focus on how Node.js is transforming the future of computing, has announced the 35 finalists in the NodeJam competition. Selected from a number of top-quality applicants, the NodeJam finalists will present their innovative Node.js applications and services in front of a distinguished panel of judges at Node Summit, set to take place January 24-25, 2012 in San Francisco at the Mission Bay Conference Center.
"The number of startups leveraging Node.js to develop next-generation solutions is astounding," said Charles Beeler, General Partner at El Dorado Ventures and head of the NodeJam selection committee. "We had the tough task of narrowing the list to the 35 most promising companies who will have the opportunity to take part in the first ever NodeJam event. Some of these companies are destined for great things and hopefully the platform provided for them at Node Summit will help make this possible."
The 35 NodeJam companies (and presenters) are:
- AgileSense (Rafi Dudekula, CTO)
- Ark (Jonas Huckestein, Co-Founder and CTO)
- BrowserEggs (S Sriram, Founder)
- Browserling (James Halliday, Co-Founder)
- Click Dummy (Hunter Loftis, Director of Engineering)
- Colingo (Benjamin Lowenstein, Founder)
- Cull TV (John Hurliman, Co-founder and CTO)
- Doctape (Sascha Reuter, Co-founder and Technical Lead)
- expense.cat (Nuno Job, CEO)
- Fabric Engine (Paul Doyle, CEO and Co-founder)
- FeedHenry (Michael O'Foghlu, CTO)
- FeZo (Gregory Ray, President)
- Flotype (Darshan Shankar, Founder and CEO)
- Gamify (Nathan Lands, CEO and Co-founder)
- Geeklist (Reuben Katz, Co-Founder and CEO)
- Groupdock (Luc Castera, Lead Developer)
- Grow the Game Golf (Adam Zeck, Founder and COO)
- HALL.com (Brett Hellman, CEO)
- Host Kit (Stephen Rivas Jr., Project Manager)
- MapBox (Eric Gundersen, President)
- Markover.me (Kelsey Falter, Founder)
- NodeFly Systems (Glen Lougheed, CEO)
- Observe.it, winner of the 2011 Node.js Knockout competition (Arnout Kazemier, Founder)
- Omegawd (Jonathon Anthony, Inventioneer)
- ProxV (Jeff Ferber, Founder)
- Quizlet (Andrew Sutherland, Founder)
- Rumgr (Ray Morgan, Co-Founder)
- SaferAging (Chris Williams, VP of Engineering)
- Shopaboo (Travis Glines, Co-founder and CEO)
- Simtable (Stephen Guerin, Founder)
- Storify (Xavier Damman, Co-founder and CEO)
- syntacticE Software (Krishna Guda, CEO)
- Vungle (Bryant Chou, Lead Engineer)
- WebMobi (Sachin Anand, Founder)
- Worlize (Brian McKelvey, Co-founder and CEO)
During the event, a distinguished panel of industry judges will evaluate each company based on the quality of their Node.js application or service, the market potential for the company, and their overall innovation and vision. The judges include Steve Bourne, Creator of the Bourne Shell; Jeff Hinck, General Partner at El Dorado Ventures; Mark Lewis, President and CSO of EMC Ventures; Jason Pressman, Managing Director of Shasta Ventures; Luis Robles, Partner at Sequoia Capital; Mikeal Rogers, CEO of Pouch and Rich Wong, Partner at Accel Partners.
Naval Ravikant, CEO of AngelList, will serve as emcee for NodeJam. During the NodeJam event, the audience will rate each company based on its innovation, vision, and technology. These votes will be combined with the judges' picks to select winners for NodeJam. There will be five award categories including an Audience Choice Award, Best Use of Node.js Award and an Overall Winner for NodeJam 2012.
Confirmed speakers include; Ryan Dahl, Creator of Node.js; Brendan Eich, CTO at Mozilla; Scott Guthrie, Corporate VP at Microsoft; Stephen Herrod, CTO and SVP of R&D at VMware; Jeff Hinck, General Partner at El Dorado Ventures; Jason Hoffman, CTO at Joyent; Mark Lewis, Chief Strategy Officer at EMC and President of EMC Ventures; Steve Pawloski, Senior Fellow and CTO at Intel; Naval Ravikant, CEO at AngelList; Oren Teich, COO at Heroku; Jayshree Ullal, President and CEO at Arista Networks; James Urquhart, VP of Product Development at Enstratus and Rich Wong, Partner at Accel Partners.
Tickets are selling fast for Node Summit, with a sold-out crowd expected. Anyone looking to connect with the movers and shakers of the Node.js community -- entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, business leaders, and technology experts -- should not miss this seminal event. Register today to ensure your spot.
About Asynch Media
Asynch Media is focused on the intersection of technology, business, and innovation. Asynch is the premier producer of events and content that relate to the real-time collaborative nature of the web and technologies that enable businesses to benefit from disruptive innovation. Node Summit is our flagship conference with Node.js as the central locus of today's real-time web.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Joyent, Marketwire, , Sports, Television, Internet Technology, Business, Golf,