|Page (1) of 1 - 05/28/03||email article||print page|
Nikon Intros Coolpix 5400Digital camera offers 5.1 megapixel resolution
The new Coolpix 5400 offers a 4x Zoom-Nikkor ED lens with Nikon's Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass with a zoom range of 28 mm to 116 mm (35mm equivalent). It produces images at sizes up to 2,592 x 1,944 pixels and can shoot seven full-sized images at three frames per second in continuous shooting mode. Other features include:
- New five-shot buffer mode with 64 MB buffer;
- Shutter speeds from 1/4,000 second up to 10 minutes;
- Programmed Auto, Shutter-Priority Auto, Aperture-Priority Auto or full manual exposure;
- ISO ranges from 50 to 400, with noise reduction options;
- 256-segment matrix metering;
- Ultra Macro mode for shooting subjects as close as 0.4 inches;
- Auto Exposure AE-BSS;
- Seven-mode flash;
- Fully articulating LCD;
- Compatible with Coolpix accessory lenses;
- 15 scene modes;
- Enhanced Movie Mode (can record up to 180 seconds of QuickTime video at 15 frames per second at 320x240 or 70 seconds at 640x480 with audio;
- Ability to produce time-lapse movie sequences.
The Nikon Coolpix 5400 includes NikonView 6 and One-Touch Red-Eye Fix software, as well as ArcSoft's including PhotoStudio, VideoImpression and Panorama Maker. It also includes a shoulder strap, USB cable, video cable, a Lexar 16 MB memory card, a Li-Ion rechargeable battery and charger. It will be available in the summer for $799.95. For more information, visit http://www.nikoncoolpix.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Nikon Intros Coolpix 5400