|Page (1) of 1 - 10/19/11||email article||print page|
Nexsan Celebrates 10,000th Customer Success Driven by Flexible Storage Platform and Global Partner EcosystemATS Cloud Named Milestone Customer of Assureon and E-Series Storage Systems (October 19, 2011)
THOUSAND OAKS, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/19/11 -- Nexsan®, a leading independent provider of disk-based storage systems, today announced that it has reached the 10,000 customer milestone, having delivered more than 28,000 storage systems since beginning operations in 1999. The customer is ATS Cloud, a cloud based computing company in Dallas. ATS Cloud selected the Assureon® Secure Online Archive and high density E60 storage system to serve as the storage platform behind its cloud services offering, which includes backup, archiving and mission-critical data storage.
ATS Cloud specializes in cloud-based IT solutions including infrastructure virtualization, backup, storage, hosting, software-as-a-service, disaster recovery, EMR hosting and VoIP. The company offers scalable services that provide companies of all sizes access to state-of-the-art technology and equipment that is customized, maintained and upgraded as needed. ATS Cloud enables its clients to enjoy Fortune 500-caliber IT functionality without the upfront infrastructure investment or internal staffing requirements.
"Nexsan addressed the challenges we were up against as planning began for the consolidation of our cloud services storage infrastructure," said Randall Weyers, Cloud System Architect, ATS Cloud. "In an effort to centralize the data storage of multiple application servers, we sought flexible virtual storage, capable of effectively serving production, archive and backup data from a single platform. Nexsan provided the most complete offering in this respect, delivering the management, performance and capacity required at a fraction of the price of its competitors."
ATS Cloud acquired its Nexsan storage systems through technology supplier, DKAMSI, a Dallas-area value added reseller (VAR). According to Lisa Mehl, President of DKAMSI, "ATS Cloud was confronted with many technology hurdles, requiring a high-performance storage system to serve both mission-critical production data as well as archive and backup data in the cloud. The plan was to centralize and simplify their storage environment without exceeding budgetary constraints and Nexsan delivered."
In the computing infrastructure Nexsan supports, ATS Cloud operates a virtualized operating environment featuring VMware OS application servers with the data partitioned across Nexsan's Assureon and E60 storage. Information ranging from mission critical corporate data to PACS medical archives, production file data and backup stores are located on the Nexsan storage system. ATS Cloud has performed several data recoveries for clients from its Nexsan-based data protection environment with fast recovery after the requests were filed.
The combination of Assureon and E-Series Flexible Storage provides an expandable, high density and high performance environment, giving cloud service providers compliant and enterprise-class capabilities with the scalability to meet the demands of tomorrow. Advantages include:
- Manageability: The Assureon features lights out management, automated file ingestion, retrieval, audits, deduplication and replication without intervention. The solution allows quick and easy search of files based on document properties or content with near instant retrieval.
- Security: Critical files stored on the Assureon are not just virtually separated from the rest of the data, they are physically separated so there is no co-mingling of the files. Assureon protects information privacy and security with AES256 encryption, the encryption level authorized by the U.S. government for Top Secret classified information.
- Green: Energy saving AutoMAID® reduces energy costs up to 85% with Level 4 power management. Assureon's Green Maximizer automatically migrates files to "green, greener and greenest" states of energy savings based on file usage and without impact to performance.
- Performance: The next-generation storage controller in the Nexsan E-Series delivers 2.3 to 2.5 times the performance for sequential 1KB reads and writes compared to the previous-generation controller used in the SATABeast® and SASBeast® storage systems, and 1.3 to 1.4 times the performance for random 1KB reads and writes.
- Storage Density: Nexsan E-Series with 3 TB SATA drive compatibility offers industry-leading storage density of up to 180TB in 4U of rack space. This industry-leading storage density is ideal for cloud, digital video storage, scientific data, virtual storage, archive storage and consolidated storage environments where large capacities, density, and power efficiency are highly valued.
- Mix and Match Drive Types: The Nexsan E-Series allows the customer to mix and match RAID types and drive types to meet varying storage requirements. RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, and 6 are supported in hardware, and the systems can be configured with SSD, SAS, and SATA drives.
- VMware Ready Certified: The E-Series is VMware certified for use in virtualized environments running ESX 4.0, ESX 4.0 U1, ESX 4.0 U2, ESX 4.1 and ESX 4.1 U1.
Nexsan's introduction of new storage innovations has been robust in 2011. Earlier this year, Nexsan introduced the new E-Series Flexible Storage Platform and recently announced the E5000 NAS storage line, with advances in power management, density, ease-of-use and reliability. These new systems complement Nexsan's current line of products, including the Assureon Secure Online Archive, allowing a high degree of configuration flexibility to support mixed application and computing environments and requirements. These new systems have been well received and are expected to attract continued industry praise and approval.
"Cloud-based storage, backup and archiving continue to be growing areas of opportunity for suppliers of cloud storage infrastructure," said Brad Nisbet, Program Director for Storage and Data Management Services, IDC. "Companies like Nexsan who are helping enterprise organizations navigate to the cloud and enabling service providers to offer manageable and efficient cloud-based storage solutions will find continued success in this growing market."
"The energetic acceptance by customers as seen by this milestone underscores our commitment to innovation and the highest levels customer service," said Michael McGuire, Chief Commercial Officer, Nexsan. "With demand for cloud storage on the rise, our flexible storage systems deliver performance, efficiency and ease-of-use that satisfies the most demanding customer requirements."
Nexsan® is a leading independent provider of disk-based storage systems purpose-built and priced for the mid-market, offering industry-leading reliability, space and power efficiency. Nexsan storage systems provide scalability, integrity and security for growing volumes of unstructured data and are ideal for virtual storage, data protection, secure online archiving, bulk and cloud storage applications. Overcoming the challenges of traditional storage, Nexsan delivers a different kind of storage experience with easy-to-use, efficient and enterprise-class solutions that reduce the complexity and cost of storage. Nexsan delivers its storage systems through a select global partner ecosystem of solution providers, OEMs and system integrators. Nexsan is based in Thousand Oaks, Calif. For more information, visit the company's website at www.nexsan.com.
For more information about Nexsan's products and solutions, visit www.nexsan.com
Nexsan is a registered trademark of Nexsan Corporation. All other product or company names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Ventana Public Relations
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: iSCSI, Network Storage, SATA RAID, Disk Storage, Storage Server, RAID Server, JBOD, RAID Array, SAN NAS, Office Equipment,Applications,Storage,Security,Business Issues,Hardware,Cloud Computing,Services,Misc,Archiving,Security,infrastructure,Cloud storage,Management,Data Management,Data Storage,OS (Operating System),Storage,USA,Marketwire, ,Management Services,disaster,Other,