|Page (1) of 1 - 04/16/12||email article||print page|
Newegg Welcomes Merchant Partners With Revamped Online Marketplace ProgramMarketplace Expands Product Selection to Include Jewelry, Toys, Watches and More (April 16, 2012)
CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/16/12 -- Newegg Inc., the leading electronics-focused e-retailer in the United States, today announced changes to its online marketplace to provide professional sellers with an easy, effective way to offer their products on Newegg.com. Through the revamped Newegg Marketplace program, which will take effect on June 4, merchants will be able to showcase their products on Newegg.com while enjoying low commission rates, access to promotional opportunities and dedicated merchandising support.
Launched in 2010, Newegg Marketplace gives its customers access to a broader selection of consumer products. Merchants are able to reach Newegg's 18 million registered users and sell their products in a variety of categories, ranging from apparel to jewelry. All Newegg Marketplace sellers are carefully screened to ensure that they provide the highest level of customer service, and fast and reliable shipping, consistent with Newegg's values.
"Our customers already know Newegg as the premier shopping destination for computer components and consumer electronics," said Bob Bellack, CEO of Newegg North America. "By partnering with new sellers through Newegg Marketplace, we are able to give our customers a much wider selection of products along with the same great service and shopping experience that they're used to."
The features and benefits of Newegg Marketplace include:
- Low commission rates -- Compared to other major online marketplaces, Newegg's commission rates and fees are among the lowest in the industry.
- Wide range of categories -- Sellers can feature products in an extensive range of categories including apparel and accessories; auto and hardware; beauty; home and living; jewelry; sporting goods; toys, games and hobbies, and watches.
- Marketing opportunities -- Sellers have access to Newegg's merchandising and promotional vehicles including placement opportunities via email blasts and on Newegg's website.
- Dedicated support -- Newegg provides a dedicated support representative who works directly with sellers throughout the partnership to help develop an effective selling strategy.
- Seller portal -- Through Newegg's easy-to-use seller portal, sellers are able to directly manage orders, inventory, shipping and product production for their Marketplace store.
"We've been selling on Newegg Marketplace for more than a year and have seen incredible results," said Meir Resnick, marketing director at Ashford.com, an online retailer specializing in luxury watches. "Newegg's stellar reputation and great service have enabled us to reach a broad customer base, offer unbeatable deals, and coordinate it all within an easy-to-navigate portal. We look forward to a continued successful partnership."
"Newegg's marketplace has brought us more sales on average than any other marketplace we've used before," said Ben Ibarra, vice president at HobbyTron.com, a supplier of airsoft products and remote control toys. "We are thrilled to be able to sell on Newegg and provide the same excellent service that makes people want to continue to shop on this site."
For more information about Newegg Marketplace, please visit www.newegg.com/sellers.
About Newegg Inc.
Newegg Inc. is the leading electronics-focused e-retailer in the United States. It owns and operates Newegg.com (www.newegg.com) which was founded in 2001 and regularly earns industry-leading customer service ratings. The award-winning website has more than 18 million registered users and offers customers a comprehensive selection of the latest consumer electronics products, detailed product descriptions and images, as well as how-to information and customer reviews. Using the site's online tech community, customers have the opportunity to interact with other computer, gaming and consumer electronics enthusiasts. Newegg Inc. is headquartered in City of Industry, California.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: newegg marketplace, online marketplace, newegg, ashford.com, hobbytron, Home,Toys,USA,Marketwire, Inc., ,Shipping,Consumer Electronics,Email,Other,