|Page (1) of 1 - 11/25/08||email article||print page|
NewBlueFX Launches Paint Effects and Paint Blends Video Plugin CollectionsOver 258 Ways to Add Artistry to Your Video (November 25, 2008)
Notably featured in both collections is Cartoonr Plus, a more sophisticated and feature-rich version of NewBlue's free Cartoonr plugin made available last spring. Like its free predecessor, Cartoonr Plus allows users to easily create an animated, hand-painted cartoon look to any video.
Inspired by the creative techniques of artists, NewBlue Paint Effects and Paint Blends add a wide palette of artistic choices for video editors. Explains Todor Fay, NewBlue chief technology officer, "Both NewBlue Paint Effects and NewBlue Paint Blends bring original ideas to the table. Now video editors can distinguish themselves from the crowd with bursts of color and clever ways to 'redraw' their storylines."
NewBlue Paint Effects and NewBlue Paint Blends join the company's highly-regarded product line of 16 comprehensive collections of video effects plugins, video transitions and audio filters. These new video plugin collections are available for all major video editing software platforms, including Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Premiere Elements, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Final Cut Express, Apple Motion, Avid Media Composer, Avid Xpress, Avid Liquid, Corel (formerly Ulead) VideoStudio, Pinnacle Studio, Sony Vegas, Sony Vegas Movie Studio and Thomson Grass Valley EDIUS.
NewBlue Paint Effects encapsulates artistic techniques into specialized video filters which render any video scene. Priced at $139.95, NewBlue Paint Effects includes 134 presets in the following 12 distinct video effects:
- Cartoonr Plus, which converts your video image into a cartoon-like illustration by drawing dark lines around the edges of shapes and painting in between with smooth layers of colors.
- Charcoal, which converts the video image into a line drawing which, unlike real charcoal, can be drawn in any color.
- Colored Pencil, which draws the lines and details with a colored pencil and then shades in between with lighter colors.
- Halovision Plus, which creates a halo-like aura around objects in the picture.
- Impressionist, which breaks the video image into small paint strokes which can be manipulated to create a wide range of painting styles.
- Mosiac, which assembles the video out of a grid of painted tiles.
- Mural, which turns the picture into a solid shaded painting.
- Oil, which creates the look of an oil painting.
- Paper Collage, which remakes the video image into layers of colored paper.
- Pencil Rubbing, which recreates the looks of rubbing colored pencils over an image template.
- Posterize, which creates a print of the video image using a small set of colors.
- Water Color, which repaints the video scene so that it resembles a water color painting.
The NewBlue Paint Blends collection shares the same techniques as NewBlue Paint Effects, but applies them to video transitions. Using a specific artistic effect, NewBlue Paint Blends transforms the first clip, then gradually morphs it into a painted version of the next. NewBlue Paint Blends, priced at $119.95, includes 124 presets in the following 12 video transitions:
- Cartoonr Plus, which transitions between two scenes while transforming the video image into a cartoon-like illustration.
- Charcoal, which converts the video image into a line drawing and morphs that into the second clip.
- Colored Pencil, which draws the lines and details of the video image with a colored pencil and then shades in between with lighter colors while cross-fading between two clips.
- Dot Matrix, which turns the first clip into a series of newspaper-like dots that morph into the second clip.
- Halovision Plus, which creates a halo-like aura around objects as it blends the first clip into the second.
- Impressionist, which breaks the video image into small paint strokes while it morphs between the two clips.
- Mosaic, which assembles the video out of a grid of painted tiles as it cross-fades between two clips.
- Oil, which transitions between two clips while creating the look of an oil painting.
- Paper Collage, which blends between two clips as it builds the video image from layers of colored paper.
- Pencil Rubbing, which transitions between two clips as it recreates the looks of a colored pencil rubbing.
- Posterize, which creates a print of the video image using a small set of colors as it wipes between two clips.
- Water Color, which repaints the video scene so that it resembles a water color painting as it blends into the next scene.
Users can purchase NewBlue Paint Effects and NewBlue Paint Blends directly from the company's website at http://www.newbluefx.com/paint-effects.html and http://www.newbluefx.com/paint-blends.html. Fully-functional trial versions are available for download, as well.
NewBlue, Inc. develops innovative audio, video and multimedia technologies for leading companies throughout the world. Founded in early 2002, NewBlue creates and licenses a range of proprietary technologies-- including a series of NewBlueFX video technologies, the NewBlue Audio Engine and Audiomatrix technology platform-- that meet the varied multimedia needs of mid-and large-sized companies. Experienced developers, musicians, artists, and software professionals with a unique and commanding set of skills, experience and talent comprise the NewBlue team.
The company unveiled its NewBlueFX (http://www.newbluefx.com) product line in 2006 to meet the needs of digital video editing enthusiasts. The NewBlueFX collection of software plug-ins includes special audio and video effects, such as audio filters, noise reduction, equalization, compression and dozens of sophisticated graphic filters and transitions. To date, the NewBlueFX line includes 5 audio-oriented plug-in collections and 10 video-oriented effects and transitions collections for the Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Apple Final Cut, Apple Motion, Avid Liquid, Avid Media Composer, Avid Xpress, Pinnacle Studio, Thomson Grass Valley EDIUS, and Sony Vegas desktop video product lines, as well as AVCHD UpShift, an AVCHD conversion utility created in conjunction with VASST.
# # #
Related Keywords:video plugins, paint effects, art effects, video transitions, newblue, newbluefx, paint blends, art fx, video fx
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved