|Page (1) of 1 - 05/17/11||email article||print page|
New Survey Reports the Reality Behind Enterprise Adoption of TabletsNearly 80 Percent of Businesses Will Deploy Tablets by the End of 2013; Yet Half Do Not Have a Strategy in Place to Drive Business ValueiPads Are Expected to Be the Most Widely Deployed at 83 Percent; Android-Based Tablets Are Another Favorite at 34 Perce (May 17, 2011)
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 05/17/11 -- Model Metrics, the leader in cloud computing services for the enterprise, today announced the results of an independent survey that illuminates how enterprises are incorporating tablets into their businesses. Conducted by Dimensional Research, the survey of nearly 450 business and IT executives sheds light on the reality of enterprise adoption of tablets including Apple's iPad and Android-based tablets like the BlackBerry PlayBook, among others.
- Big tablet deployment plans but business strategy lags: 78 percent of respondents plan to have tablets officially deployed by the end of 2013, yet only 51 percent report having an adoption strategy in place.
- Enterprise tablet adoption is still in its infancy: While 22 percent of respondents report having officially deployed tablets, a total of 72 percent of participants do have iPads or other tablets in use at their enterprises today. The majority of iPads that are in the enterprise are being used by individuals who are "trying them out" (41 percent).
- Businesses unclear on IT development requirements to drive business value from tablets: 42 percent of IT respondents say business stakeholders do not understand the need for additional development to successfully enable enterprise applications on iPads and tablets. A further 32 percent cited issues due to lack of expertise available to do the development.
- The tablet of business choice is the iPad: 83 percent plan to deploy iPads, with more than half choosing iPads for the availability of productivity tools for business use; Android-based tablets were a second favorite with 34 percent planning to deploy them.
Comments on the News:
- "This survey illuminates the reality of whether tablets offer enough compelling functionality to make them suitable for enterprise adoption," said Diane Hagglund, founder and principal researcher, Dimensional Research. "There is certainly a strong appetite among enterprises to fit iPads and Android-based tablets into their business environments, but they're still at the early stages of understanding how they can contribute broad business value."
- "Empowering mobile workers with tablets to maximize productivity and gain competitive advantage is the wave of the future," said Adam Caplan, CEO of Model Metrics. "These survey findings align with what we're hearing from our enterprise customers -- they see the opportunity, but are looking for guidance on how to do more than just mobilize existing functionality. With the majority of tablet use in enterprises today being employee-driven, many enterprises are missing an opportunity to drive business advantage."
Additional information on the survey
- A total of 448 respondents completed the online survey sponsored by Model Metrics in April 2011.
- Participants included business executives, business managers, IT executives, IT managers and IT professionals representing a wide range of company size and industry verticals.
- To access the full report, please visit: http://www.modelmetrics.com/tabletspr/
About Dimensional Research
Dimensional Research® provides practical marketing research to help technology companies make their customers more successful. Our researchers are experts in the people, processes, and technology of corporate IT and understand how corporate IT organizations operate. We partner with our clients to deliver actionable information that reduces risks, increases customer satisfaction, and grows the business. For more information visit www.dimensionalresearch.com
About Model Metrics
Model Metrics, enabler of the Model Enterprise, delivers solutions and services at the cutting edge of the cloud computing industry. Since its founding in 2003, Model Metrics has become one of the most diversified and respected partners of salesforce.com, Amazon Web Services, Adobe and Google. Headquartered in Chicago with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Detroit, Minneapolis and Dallas, Model Metrics' customer base spans all industries and includes enterprises such as Abbott, Allstate, Aon, Cars.com, CME Group, Honeywell, InfoUSA, MasterCard, Medtronic and Orbitz.
With a focus on mobile and call center technology, business process and change management innovation, and custom development, Model Metrics has completed 1,500+ salesforce.com implementations for mid-sized and Fortune 1000 companies. Its world-class application development skills using Force.com, Adobe Flex and AIR, Amazon Web Services, Google and the Apple iPhone enable the creation of custom applications featuring multimedia-rich user experiences. To learn more, visit http://www.modelmetrics.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @modelmetricsinc.
Kulesa Faul for Model Metrics
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Model Metrics, Enterprise Tablet Adoption, iPad, BlackBerry Playbook, Android, Cloud Computing, Applications, Sales & Marketing, Productivity Applications, Internet, Software Development, Cloud Computing, Other Applications, Internet Server Applications, Tools, Management, IT Professionals, CEO/CFO, IT Managers, Marketwire, IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Apple Computer, Internet Technology, Business, Other,