|Page (1) of 1 - 03/13/12||email article||print page|
New Study Picks RPost as Top Choice for Electronic Transmission of Legal Documents and NoticesRPost's Registered Email Service Stands Out With a Near Perfect Score of 47; More Than Double That of the Nearest Alternative (March 13, 2012)
LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/13/12 -- RPost, the inventor of Registered Email® services, today announced the publication of a major white paper, Converting Legal & Contract Notices from Paper to Electronic Delivery: A Corporate Counsel Guide, detailing how RPost's Registered Email service is the recommended method of sending documents and notices when you need to have legal records proving delivery or compliance with notice requirements. The paper, authored by Stanley M. Gibson, a Partner at Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP, was developed in response to a growing trend to convert legal notices, that are required to be sent by contract (usually by receipt mail, overnight express courier, or certified mail) or regulatory mandate, to electronic methods. It assesses common misconceptions with a variety of electronic messaging services, the legal concerns, outlines the benefits, and offers an in-depth requirements checklist and comparison of five alternative solutions.
In the foreword to the whitepaper, Tim Cummins, CEO of the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM), says that this paper "offers useful parameters that an organization should consider in its selection of an appropriate solution and a perspective on several of the leading offerings."
The author notes that a poll conducted by IACCM found that while 58% of respondents intended to convert legal notices to electronic delivery, the overwhelming majority (80%) were concerned with how to best retain proof of receipt. It found that most continue to send legal notices by paper, and that of those who make a practice of sending legal notices via email, half report having been in a situation where the recipient has denied receipt of an important notice.
In response to those findings, Gibson identified a requirements checklist of criteria by which to evaluate alternate electronic delivery services:
- Delivery Proof -- method of irrefutably proving whether the message and any attachment was received or failed, without reliance on the recipient.
- Open Tracking -- provides information on message opening, if available.
- Content Proof -- method of proving content and attachments of the message received.
- Official Timestamp -- uniform time stamp cryptographically associated with message content.
- Admissible Evidence -- meets guidelines on court-admissibility as outlined in case law, if one party challenges the record.
- Functional Equivalence -- meets legal guidelines for functional equivalence to traditional methods.
- Electronic Original -- method of re-constructing a record and confirming that it is the original content and meta-data.
- Self-Authentication -- method of authenticating the record independent of ties to system forensic analysis.
- Portability of Evidence -- method of easily transmitting evidence to arbitrator in a form that maintains ability to be authenticated.
- Legal Opinion -- third-party legal opinion available mapping service/software/methods to the law.
The comparison also examined five secondary criteria related to minimizing administrative time and costs. Among the alternate solutions, RPost's Registered Email service stood out with a near perfect score of 47, vs. a score of 20 for Verisign Digitally Signed Email, the next-highest ranked alternative.
"We are immensely gratified to see that the in-depth study conducted by Stanley M. Gibson found RPost to be the service provider of choice for converting legal and contract notices to electronic delivery," said Zafar Khan, RPost CEO. "It affirms both our industry leadership and our dedication to the needs of our thousands of clients."
RPost has set the standard for legal electronic messaging and document services with its patented Registered Email® services for delivery proof, compliant message encryption and legal electronic signatures. RPost services are designed for industries such as insurance, financial services, legal, real estate, telecommunications and manufacturing where the speed of contract execution, data privacy, or court admissible email proof are a business requirement. Winner of the World Mail Award for security 2011, RPost is in use within the U.S. and international governments, global F500 companies and endorsed by influential American Bar associations. RPost, founded in 2000, has been granted 35 patents worldwide and operates in 8 languages. To use RPost services, please visit www.rpost.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Email Services, Email Technologies, Certified Email, Swiss Post Lawsuit, Switzerland, Switzerland, USA, Marketwire, , Financial, Business, Email,