|Page (1) of 1 - 01/04/12||email article||print page|
New Startup Listener Driven Radio Increases Radio Station Ratings and Revenue Using Innovative Software in Nine of the Top Ten USA Media Markets(January 04, 2012)
CLEVELAND, OH -- (Marketwire) -- 01/04/12 -- A new innovator in the media industry, Listener Driven Radio (LDR) (www.ldrradio.com), is reinventing radio by giving listeners control of their favorite radio stations through the web. Radio listeners using the LDR platform can vote and control which songs play in real time, sign up for alerts when their favorite songs play and share their favorite songs on Facebook.
Daniel Anstandig, President and CEO of Listener Driven Radio, says, "LDR is built to cultivate ratings, revenue and web traffic for radio stations by engaging audiences. We call it Crowdcasting."
More than 125 top-rated radio stations, networks and broadcast groups in the USA, Canada, and Europe use LDR's software.
The company recently released 2011 year-end results from stations using its platform:
- Radio stations achieve ratings success when they use LDR. The average station using the LDR.1 platform increased their ratings shares by +175% and cumulative audience by +37%. The average station using the LDR.Takeover platform increased their ratings shares by +127% and cumulative audience by +54%.
- LDR attracts hard-to-reach consumers to radio station websites. Compared to the average website, LDR attracts 16% more females, 10% more 18-34 year olds, 5% more 35-49 year olds, and 24% more African Americans. The average LDR voter is more likely to have kids in the house than not.
- LDR client stations sell more digital sponsorships. In Q3-Q4 of 2011, LDR stations added over $600,000 in non-traditional revenue, using LDR sales support. LDR offers training and consultation to help stations sell sponsorships on the platform.
- Listeners stay longer when LDR is on the air. The average listener stays and votes for 23 minutes during an LDR.Takeover hour or show.
- More Tune-Ins! Listeners visit more often when LDR is on the air. The average listener returns to stations using LDR.Takeover 2+ times per week.
- Tweets and Shares. LDR drives traffic to radio station websites using social media. On average, LDR sends 4,268 tweets per month on behalf of stations around the world. @listenerdriven has over 44,000 followers. In 2011, listeners also shared their songs on Facebook 75% more than they did in 2010.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1845794
LUCK Media & Marketing
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Listener Driven Radio, Canada, USA, Marketwire, , Internet Technology,