|Page (1) of 1 - 01/23/12||email article||print page|
New Research From WordStream Reveals Top 10 Industries Contributing to Google's 2011 Revenues(January 23, 2012)
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/23/12 -- WordStream Inc., a provider of search marketing software, today released an infographic that details the top 10 industries that spent the most on Google AdWords advertising in 2011. This data comes on the heels of Google's 2011 earnings call last week and reveals which industries contributed most to Google's $37.9 billion in revenues, 96% of which came from advertising.
The top five industries that spent the most on Google advertising in 2011 are:
1. Finance & Insurance at $4.0 billion in estimated annual spending - Top spenders in the finance category include State Farm and Progressive (PGR).
2. Retailers & General Merchandise ($2.8 billion) - Top advertisers include Amazon and eBay.
3. Travel & Tourism ($2.4 billion) - Top advertisers include Booking.com and Expedia.
4. Jobs & Education ($2.2 billion) - Top advertisers include University of Phoenix and ITT Technical Institute.
5. Home & Garden ($2.1 billion) - Top advertisers include Lowes and Home Depot.
WordStream Founder and Chief Technology Officer Larry Kim, who compiled the research, believes the results show that particular industries derive tremendous benefit from PPC. "If your business operates in any of these industries, there's enormous potential for you here." Kim said that pay-per-click advertising is especially effective for businesses that:
- Provide goods or services that people aren't sure where to get (the stuff you used to look up in the yellow pages)
- Have higher margins and longer customer lifetime values
Visit the Google earnings infographic for the complete results of WordStream's analysis, including the top five advertisers and common keywords from each industry sector.
WordStream Inc. provides search marketing software and PPC services that help marketers get better results from their PPC and SEO efforts. The company's services deliver quality traffic, clicks and conversions across all major search engines including Google, Bing and Yahoo Search. WordStream's easy-to-use software facilitates more effective paid and organic search campaigns by providing a customized workflow, the 20-Minute PPC Work Week, to help advertisers increase relevance and Quality Scores in Google AdWords, follow proven best practices, and get expert-level results in a fraction of the time. Whether you're new to search marketing or are experienced at PPC management, WordStream's keyword tools, AdWords management tools, and Quality Score optimization tools can help grow your business and drive better results.
WordStream Press Contact:
VP of Acquisition
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: google earnings report, google earnings call, google earnings 2011, google earnings announcement, Home, Internet, Internet search, Digital Media Software, Web, Search, Research, Google, Sales, Advertising, Marketing, Finance, Insurance, Sales & Marketing, Education, Internet, Search, Search Engines, Search Engine Optimization, Management, Finance/Accounting, Finance/Accounting, Marketwire, Inc., , Business,