|Page (1) of 1 - 05/03/11||email article||print page|
New Releases of Oracle(R) Business Intelligence Software Enable Enterprises to Improve Timely, Accurate, and Role-Based InsightTechnology and Application Enhancements Deliver Mobile Intelligence, Real-Time Decision Management, Extended Platform Support, and Prebuilt Analytic Applications (May 03, 2011)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/03/11 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help organizations achieve better business visibility and alignment, Oracle today introduced new releases of its complete, integrated and scalable business intelligence products including Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Business Intelligence Applications and Oracle Real-Time Decisions.
- The new product capabilities delivered span out-of-the-box iPad and iPhone support, extended OLAP and in-memory platform support, enhanced real-time decision management features, new certifications, and more.
Enterprise-Class Analytics and Actionable Intelligence on the Go
- The new Oracle Business Intelligence Release 188.8.131.52 introduces support for the iPad and iPhone.
- This release provides on-the-go access to the complete range of alert, ad hoc analysis, dashboard, reporting, scorecard, "what-if" analysis, and unified relational OLAP (R-OLAP) and multidimensional OLAP (M-OLAP) content of Oracle Business Intelligence.
- In addition, users now have the ability to initiate actions and workflows directly from their mobile devices -- helping to reduce the time needed to make decisions while enabling a more flexible, agile organization.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Release 184.108.40.206 content is optimized for use with the iPad and iPhone -- without requiring design changes to existing reports and dashboards.
- This new product release also introduces extended support for additional data sources including Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database, Oracle OLAP, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services and SAP Business Information Warehouse (BW).
- Oracle Business Intelligence is a component of the Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) Foundation Suite, which offers organizations a complete, open, and architecturally unified BI solution. The suite serves every class of user, providing multiple channels of information access, and supporting all enterprise BI requirements.
Enhanced BI Application Mobile Capabilities, User Experience and Performance
- The latest release of Oracle BI Applications is built upon Oracle Business Intelligence Release 220.127.116.11 -- enabling organizations to take advantage of the platform's enhanced mobile features, user experience, systems management, performance, and scalability.
- Oracle BI Applications Release 18.104.22.168 benefits include:
- Alerts, dashboards and reports are available for secure access and interaction via iPad and iPhone to provide organizational visibility, insight and alignment;
- A new user interface featuring a wide range of interactive charting and prompting capabilities, including map visualization options directly linked to spatial data, providing a richer, more intuitive end user experience;
- An enhanced Common Enterprise Information Model with 25 conformed dimensions that provides alignment across the enterprise as well as high performance, federated queries against hundreds of data sources in relational, OLAP, and XML formats; and,
- Integrated system management services to simplify system configuration, testing, deployment, monitoring, and installation of patches to enable continuous availability, with unmatched query performance, scalability, and security.
- Oracle BI Applications are complete, prebuilt analytical solutions for Oracle and non-Oracle applications including SAP. Subject areas include Financial, Human Resources, Procurement and Spend, Projects, Supply Chain and Order Management, Contact Center Telephony, Loyalty, Marketing, Price, Sales, Service, and a range of vertical industries.
Optimizing Customer Interactions with Real-Time Intelligence
- To better help organizations optimize their customer interactions, Oracle Real-Time Decisions Release 3.1 introduces "Decision Manager," an application to manage, monitor, refine, and optimize operational decisions across customer interaction channels. Decision Manager enables business stakeholders to collaboratively define closed-loop analytical business logic for delivering optimized customer experiences.
- Built using Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF), a component of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, Decision Manager offers a collaborative and rich user interface for business stakeholders to:
- Author and refine their decision eligibility and targeting logic;
- Search and manage their catalogs of campaigns, offers, products and other enterprise content; and,
- Analyze the results of their operational decisions to discover new insights.
- The application also provides role-based access control, versioning, and audit trail to ensure operational consistency and reduce overall cost of ownership.
- Oracle Real-Time Decisions is a highly scalable service oriented decision management platform for decision optimization. It leverages real-time and historical data, business rules, predictive models, automation, and self-learning techniques to deliver decisions that adapt over time. Its decision services can be embedded in transactional applications across the enterprise to optimize performance of recurring operational decisions.
- Oracle Real-Time Decisions is an open enterprise decision management platform, that integrates easily with any customer touch-points infrastructure for web, contact center, email, kiosks and point-of-sale. It is also available pre-integrated with Oracle's Siebel CRM.
- "These new Oracle Business Intelligence product releases build upon the success of Oracle BI 11g and provide customers a wide range of new capabilities that extend intelligence to the iPad and iPhone, offer more powerful visualization, interactivity, performance and scalability features to their ERP and CRM applications, and optimize customer interactions and decisions in real-time," said Paul Rodwick, vice president of Product Management, Oracle Business Intelligence.
- "Oracle continues to deliver new capabilities and enhancements including heterogeneous platform support across Oracle BI Foundation, Oracle BI Applications and Oracle Real-Time Decisions," said Dan Vesset, vice president, business analytics solutions, IDC. "According to IDC research, worldwide demand for business analytics software continues to grow, and Oracle is positioned to help organizations benefit from the analysis of the vast amounts of data they generate."
- About Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite
- About Oracle Business Intelligence 11g
- About Oracle Business Intelligence Applications
- About Oracle Real-Time Decisions
- View Oracle BI iPad and iPhone screen shots
- Connect with Oracle EPM/BI via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1596575
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1596577
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1596580
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1596583
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Internet, Digital Media Software, Communications, Digital Audio, Web, iPods, iphone, iPad, Applications, Security, Research, EMail, Sales, Applications, Marketing, CRM - Customer Relationship Management, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Productivity Applications, Security, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Other Applications, Security, Internet Server Applications, E-mail, Web Servers, IT Management, Management, Human Resources, Sales, Human Resources, Sales, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Financial, Management Services, Internet Technology, Business, Email, Other,