|Page (1) of 1 - 05/18/12||email article||print page|
New Release of Oracle VM Now AvailableSignificantly Enhances Ease of Use for Virtualization Administrators (May 18, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/18/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Today, Oracle announced the availability of Oracle VM Server for x86 Release 3.1, the latest release of Oracle's server virtualization solution designed to support rapid application deployment and simplify data center management from applications to disk.
- Enhanced user interface is designed to significantly simplify ease of use for virtualization administrators and help reduce deployment times.
- Key new capabilities improve storage availability and backup support and hardware compatibility.
- Oracle VM's Windows drivers (PV 3.0.1) and virtualization implementation have been validated as part of the Microsoft Server Virtualization Vendor Program (SVVP).
- Three new pre-built, pre-configured Oracle VM Templates for the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.3; Oracle PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management 9.1; and Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c add to the more than 100 available templates that enable faster application deployment.
Ease of Use Accelerates Virtualization Deployments
- The intuitive user interface of Oracle VM 3.1 Manager provides streamlined wizards for easy access to tasks, fast completion of workflows and simple large-scale VM deployments in a Web browser interface.
- Enhanced storage configuration capabilities allow external NFS access to virtual machine storage for easy backup. Additionally, iSCSI and Fibrechannel-based storage repositories can now be quickly copied or moved from one cluster and to another, including across a wide area network, to facilitate availability and disaster recovery.
- Oracle VM is integrated with Oracle Enterprise Manager and Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center, which are both included as part of an Oracle VM subscription. The combination of Oracle VM, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center provides a complete virtualization and cloud solution at a lower in cost than comparable offerings.
- "Making it easier to deploy and manage enterprise applications in the data center and cloud is the driver behind Oracle's application-driven approach to virtualization," said Wim Coekaerts, Senior Vice President of Oracle Linux and Virtualization. "Oracle VM 3.1 introduces a number of user interface enhancements designed to improve ease of use for administrators, and storage related features that can increase flexibility when migrating Virtual Machine storage repositories. With this new release, customers should find it significantly easier to manage their applications and virtual environments and at the same time lower their cost."
- Oracle Virtualization
- Oracle VM Server for x86
- Application-Driven Whitepaper
- Oracle VM Server for x86 software download. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
- For Oracle Virtualization via blog, Twitter, Facebook
- Wim Coekaerts blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Servers and Storage Systems, Sun , Oracle, Applications,Storage,Productivity Applications,Internet,Hardware,Software Development,Software,Misc,Backup,Other Applications,Internet Server Applications,Web Servers,Management,Unix,Linux,Marketwire, ,IT (Information Technology),Enterprise Applications,Internet Technology,disaster,Other,