|Page (1) of 1 - 01/31/11||email article||print page|
New Release of Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler Supports Collaborative DevelopmentOracle SQL Developer Data Modeler Release 3.0 Integrates With Subversion to Enable Team Development, Supports User-Defined Design Rules (January 31, 2011)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/11 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- In an effort to further assist data modelers, developers and IT architects to quickly and easily design data models for Oracle® Database and other databases, Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler Release 3.0.
- This latest release supports collaborative development through integration with the popular Subversion open-source version control software, as well as the incorporation of user-defined design rules and transformation scripts.
- A lightweight, simple-to-install tool, Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler Release 3.0 is available for download today from the Oracle Technology Network (OTN).
New Collaborative Capabilities Ease Data Model Development and Design Updates
- Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler supports logical, relational, multi-dimensional and data type modeling while featuring multi-layered design and generation capabilities to produce conceptual entity relationship diagrams (ERDs) and transform them to relational models. Data modelers, developers, architects and others can build, extend and modify a model as well as compare to existing designs.
- Integration with Subversion enables Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler users to maintain current and historical versions of designs, support multi-user access to allow teams to develop the same model, and notify users of changes to models as well as allow users to accept and merge changes.
- This latest release offers greater flexibility by enabling users to write rules based on corporate standards or design-specific criteria. Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler includes a large set of pre-defined design rules for use during the development process to help identify any errors on inconsistencies in the design.
- New support for user-defined transformation scripts enables developers to make global changes or updates to a design such as adding a set of standard columns to all tables or adding or removing prefixes to tables or columns in a model.
- The tool integrates with Oracle SQL Developer -- the popular graphical tool for database development -- enabling developers to open and view and now, update, previously developed designs as well as query, run and write reports against the reporting repository.
- Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler 3.0 enables users to design and develop for Oracle Database 11g, IBM DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows (V7 and V8), IBM DB2 for OS/390 and z/OS, and Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and 2005. The tool also imports data models from Oracle and non-Oracle products such as Oracle Designer and CA Erwin (Data Modeler 4.x and 7.x).
- Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler is a feature of the Oracle Database and is supported through My Oracle Support with any Oracle Database license and runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
- "Following a recent demonstration of Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler 3.0, I downloaded the product and pointed it at our Designer repository," said Andrew Davies, Data Architect, BAE Systems. "I was delighted to see how easily I could extract an existing model and work with it in Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler. I have also used it for some top-down design, and find it intuitive and user-friendly. Oracle SQL Data Modeler 3.0 has matured into a capable and powerful tool that I now consider an essential part of my database design and development toolkit."
- "Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler 3.0 truly returns my data analysis investment," said Marc de Oliveira, Business Analyst, Architect, Teacher at Simplify Systems. "Specifically, the new transformation feature enables me to reuse all my metadata in new and powerful ways, allowing me to support both business managers with reporting such as natural language translations of my logical models and system developers with code generation such as table APIs managing surrogate keys and auditing."
- About Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler
- Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler Data Sheet
- Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler Whitepaper
- View Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler Release 3.0 Screen Shots
- Oracle Expert Blog: Sue Harper
- Oracle Forum: Data Modeler
- Connect with Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
- Download Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler Release 3.0. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1495219
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1495195
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Database,Internet,Business Issues,Hardware,Other,Unix,Mac,Unix,Linux,OS9,OSX,Marketwire,Internet Technology,Business,Other,