|Page (1) of 1 - 04/04/12||email article||print page|
New Release of Oracle(R) Enterprise Performance Management System Helps Organizations Achieve Predictable Performance Through Superior AnalyticsMajor Release Extends Oracle's Leadership With New Project Planning and Account Reconciliation Modules, Support for Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine and Significant New Capabilities (April 04, 2012)
TOKYO and REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/04/12 -- Oracle OpenWorld -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced a new release of its industry-leading Oracle® Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) System Release 188.8.131.52.
- Oracle EPM System Release 184.108.40.206 introduces new application modules -- Project Financial Planning and a new Account Reconciliation Manager -- as well as major enhancements across the Oracle Hyperion EPM application portfolio.
- In addition, customers can now achieve extreme performance for planning and forecasting by leveraging Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine.
- A component of Oracle Business Analytics, Oracle's EPM System combines category-leading EPM applications and business intelligence (BI) products to support a broad range of business processes that enable organizations to become smarter, more agile and better aligned.
- Oracle is the global leader in Business Analytics with engineered systems, platforms, applications and tools that enable organizations to acquire, integrate, manage and analyze all of their data to make faster, better informed business decisions.
Planning at the Speed of Business with Improved Analytic Insights
- With Oracle EPM System Release 220.127.116.11, Oracle Hyperion Planning customers can now take advantage of Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine for planning and forecasting at the speed of business, in more detail and supporting more users -- all with dramatic performance gains.
- Organizations can carry out project-based budgeting, funding, approvals and tracking with a new Project Financials Planning module. This pre-built application helps customers improve the financial performance of key projects and project portfolios, and complements investments in ERP project modules and project management applications.
- In this release, Oracle Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management supports fine-grained profitability modeling to help customers perform micro-costing and gain granular insights into costs and profitability across large volumes of products, customers and transactions to help improve performance.
- For the public sector, Oracle's industry leading Hyperion Public Sector Planning and Budgeting application now features integration with Oracle's PeopleSoft Commitment Control and supports Decision Packages for more accurate tracking of budgetary spend for key programs and departments.
- Also in this release, Oracle Hyperion Planning customers can improve the accuracy of their forecasts with a new predictive planning feature, which leverages statistical forecasting technology from Oracle Crystal Ball.
Helping Organizations Achieve Faster Financial Reporting, with Improved Visibility and Reduced Risk
- Oracle's industry leading Hyperion applications for financial close and reporting deliver significant new capabilities in this new release.
- Organizations can further streamline the close process and reduce audit risks and associated costs with a new Account Reconciliation Manager module.
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Management application now features configurable dimensionality to deliver more flexibility and detail in financial and management reporting to support internal as well as statutory reporting initiatives.
- With Oracle EPM System Release 18.104.22.168, Oracle Hyperion Disclosure Management now provides built-in support for SEC validations as well as other enhancements.
Delivering Rapid Value and Lower Cost of Ownership
- With a new Web 2.0 style user experience that delivers improved collaboration and productivity, Oracle EPM System Release 22.214.171.124 introduces a number of platform technology enhancements enabling organizations to achieve rapid time to value and a lower total cost of ownership.
- Oracle EPM System 126.96.36.199 now provides pre-built integration with Oracle Fusion Financials, Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Financials and Oracle's PeopleSoft Commitment Control to help customers simplify the integration of management and operational processes.
- This release also introduces out-the-box integration of Oracle Hyperion Data Relationship Management with ERP data sources including Oracle E-Business Suite R12.1 and Oracle Fusion Financials. This enables faster and easier integration of chart of accounts and other financial master data across ERP applications, and between ERP and EPM applications.
- "This major release of Oracle's EPM System will provide compelling value to our customers while extending Oracle's leadership in the EPM market segment," said Balaji Yelamanchili, senior vice president, Analytics and Performance Management Products, Oracle. "This release will help customers plan and forecast faster and more accurately, streamline the financial close and filing process, and lower their total cost of ownership."
- "Organizations that lack visibility into cost and profitability will find the expanded features of Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management attractive," said Robin Ranzal, president of Edgewater Ranzal. "These features allow revenues and costs to be allocated at a very granular level. Executives gain improved insight into how customer-driven interactions across any channel impact profitability and allow for improved decision-making about company offerings."
- "We are extremely excited about the potential of Oracle Hyperion Planning applications running on the Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine," said Ramke Ramakrishnan, EPM and BI senior practice director of MarketSphere Consulting. "Our planning and forecasting customers can now leverage more detailed data, and greater scalability with a larger number of users to deliver reduced plan cycle time and greater accuracy across their organization."
- "The new Account Reconciliation Manager brings the old manual account reconciling process into the 21st century with great functionality and speed," said Andy Ievins, solutions architect TopDown Consulting. "The mapping process, detailed reconciliation and strong security help reconcile a huge quantity of accounts in an expedient manner with a very strong audit trail. Both clients and auditors will love this tool."
- Oracle News Release: Oracle Business Analytics Strategy
- Oracle News Release: New analytic applications for SAP
- Oracle News Release: Two new Oracle Business Intelligence Applications
- Oracle News Release: General availability of Oracle Endeca Information Discovery
- About Oracle Enterprise Performance Management and Business Intelligence
- About Oracle Enterprise Planning Business Solutions
- About Oracle Financial Close and Reporting Solutions
- About Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- Oracle EPM System Brochure
- View Oracle EPM System Release 188.8.131.52 screen shots
- Connect with Oracle Business Intelligence via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
- Download free, evaluation versions of Oracle Hyperion applications. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
- Link to Oracle Business Analytics Launch webcast
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Applications, Security, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Security, Internet Server Applications, IT Management, Project Management, Management, Marketwire, , Financial, Internet Technology, Business, Web 2.0, Other,