|Page (1) of 1 - 12/07/11||email article||print page|
New ROI Tool Enables IT Managers to Estimate Return on Investment From Quantum Data Protection SolutionsLeverages Independent Survey Results Confirming Dramatic Improvements in Storage Efficiency and Business Value From Adopting DXi-Series Data Deduplication (December 07, 2011)
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/07/11 --
Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced availability of a dynamic online tool that offers end users a realistic view of the economic benefits of adding the company's deduplication technology to their backup process. Leveraging results seen by surveyed Quantum DXi®-Series customers and industry-specific analytics developed by International Data Corporation (IDC), the Quantum ROI Calculator enables IT managers to easily compute the potential return on investment (ROI) and calculate the potential cost savings from deduplication. A new IDC white paper, sponsored by Quantum, quantifies the significant savings in storage media costs, increases in staff productivity, reduced downtime, and average payback that Quantum DXi-Series deduplication solutions can deliver. For example, over three years, Quantum deduplication customers saw an average return of $4.75 for every $1 invested.
Quantum's new ROI Calculator is designed to enable users considering adopting deduplication technology to quantify its potential economic benefits. Based on the same research behind the IDC white paper, the ROI tool enables users to vividly see the impact deduplication could have on their own operations:
- IT managers can easily compute the potential ROI and evaluate the cost savings of investing in deduplication.
- Users receive immediate results summarizing their organization's expected ROI from adopting deduplication, visually illustrating the average annual storage environment cost savings, end user productivity savings and IT staff productivity optimization over a three-year period.
- Users can register to download a full report of their results, which offers a deeper analysis showing specific areas where their organizations can improve the efficiency and economy of their data protection environment.
The IDC white paper, Demonstrating the Business Value of Quantum Deduplication for Data Protection (IDC document #231835), shows that customers using Quantum DXi deduplication solutions typically saw the systems pay for themselves with savings in just seven months. This helped drive the three-year ROI of nearly 5:1 noted above. Additional findings in the IDC white paper include:
- Organizations were able to optimize data storage utilization, saving an average of 93 percent ($412,000 per year).
- IT storage staff productivity increased by 61 percent following the adoption of deduplication.
- By reducing downtime and restore time, and eliminating backup bleed over, operations yielded user productivity savings of more than 3,100 person-hours annually, for an average savings of $166,000 per year.
Jon Gacek, president and CEO, Quantum: "IDC's report demonstrates the tremendous ROI Quantum deduplication solutions deliver for protecting ever-increasing data volumes in both physical and virtual environments. Customers of all types adopt our solutions because we provide a unique combination of industry-leading technology, expertise and value."
- To compute deduplication cost savings for a backup environment with the Quantum ROI Calculator, visit: https://roianalyst.alinean.com/idc/AutoLogin.do?d=115434617545133575
- To preview and download IDC's white paper, Demonstrating the Business Value of Quantum Deduplication for Data Protection, visit: http://www.quantum.com/ROIWhitepaper or see Quantum's ROI solutions page: http://www.quantum.com/Solutions/ROI/Index.aspx
- To listen to a podcast featuring Quantum Director of Corporate Marketing Jeff Rector discussing how Quantum DXi deduplication solutions provide ROI, visit: http://qntm.co/IDCROI
- To read Quantum's Q&U blog, including Jeff Rector's perspective on the business value of deduplication, visit: http://blog.quantum.com
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/quantumcorp
- Add us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/quantumcorp
Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM) is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management. From small businesses to multinational enterprises, more than 50,000 customers trust Quantum to solve their data protection, retention and management challenges. Quantum's best-of-breed, open systems solutions provide significant storage efficiencies and cost savings while minimizing risk and protecting prior investments. They include: DXi®-Series disk-based deduplication and replication systems for fast backup and restore, Scalar® tape automation products for disaster recovery and long-term data retention, StorNext® data management software and appliances for high-performance file sharing and archiving and vmPRO solutions for protecting virtual machine data. Quantum Corp., 1650 Technology Drive, Suite 800, San Jose, CA 95110, (408) 944-4000, www.quantum.com.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, DXi, Scalar, StorNext and vmPRO are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to benefits from using Quantum's ROI Calculator and from data protection environment changes based on the results of the ROI Calculator are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unexpected material deviation in product operation, and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 9, 2011 and Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2011. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: deduplication, dedupe, data replication, disk storage, disk backup, deduplication solutions, Data Management, Business, Tape, Data Storage, Marketing, Storage, USA, Marketwire, , Appliances, Business, disaster, Other,