|Page (1) of 1 - 08/07/01||email article||print page|
New Plugins Coming to Cinema 4D XLAddons focus on character animation
Doppelganger is a slider-based morph-blending system, and Golem is a collection of constraints and utilities for IK based animation. Both products are expected to be available in the fourth quarter of 2001 and will be sold exclusively through Maxon's Web site. According to Maxon, when released, the plugins will be available for Macintosh and Windows.
Doppelganger is particularly geared toward facial morphs, especially lip synching. Using sliders in Doppelganger, users can visually blend targets, such as a series of facial expressions or phonemes, to create expressions. Doppelganger works on any object in Cinema 4D that has points—all polygonal objects, including HyperNURBS cages, splines and FFDs. Doppelganger is fully interactive with real-time previews of the final poses directly in Cinema 4D's editor window.
Golem is designed to simplify character posing and animation. It includes more than a dozen constraints and utilities for a variety of functions. Some of these include:
- Aim objects at multiple targets, smoothly transition between targets.
- Automatically adjust the bank rotations of an object for improved targeting.
- Prevent gimbal lock limitations.
- Automatic Squash and Stretch.
- Automated flexing of muscles.
- Time delay for simple secondary motion like jiggling bellies and whiplash effects.
- Tie any Position/Scale/Rotation of a target object to any motion of another object.
- Keep effectors within a reachable range.
- Keep feet above the floor at all times.
- Allow characters to pick up and set down objects outside their hierarchies.
- Progressively break joints for tails and spines.
- Separate rotation of upper body from lower body and head from neck.
- Control where knees and elbows point in IK chains.
- Automatically paint weight maps on polygonal characters.
- Drive morphs based on Position/Scale/Rotation values.
Maxon will be at booth No. 1430 at the SIGGRAPH show. For more information, visit http://www.maxon.net.
Related Keywords:3d, flash, shockwave, render, animation, ik
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved