|Page (1) of 1 - 03/23/10||email article||print page|
New Photography Tools: Magic Bullet PhotoLooks and Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop(March 23, 2010)
photographic detail. Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop 3.1 ($149 USD), created by Photoshop co-creator John Knoll provides 19 powerful flare tools for creating custom effects and includes over 100 presets and real-time previewing.
"I am not exaggerating when I say that Magic Bullet PhotoLooks will re-invent the way people think about filters in Photoshop—I have never seen anything like it. As a Photoshop user, you expect to be able to control everything...that's where Magic Bullet PhotoLooks delivers, in spades. It is definitely not just a set of presets. These powerful tools, based on how light interacts with your camera, will change the way you approach color correction," said Deke McClelland, award-winning Photoshop author, trainer, and creator of the
popular online graphics community deke.com.
"Extending our products to Photoshop users was a natural move for Red Giant Software," said Sean Safreed, Co-Founder and Director of Products at Red Giant Software. "There is often a blurred line between people that do video and photography work. Our users have long demanded a version of Looks for Photoshop, and we have built Magic Bullet PhotoLooks specifically for them. We are also bringing the sales, support
and engineering of Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop back in house from our publishing partner, Digital Anarchy."
Read what others are saying about Magic Bullet PhotoLooks
About Magic Bullet PhotoLooks
Created by visual-effects expert Stu Maschwitz, the sophisticated presets and customizable tools in Magic Bullet
PhotoLooks make it easy to control lighting conditions and create stylized effects for any image. Instantly take your your ordinary photos to tropical beach or desert sunrise, or use unique tools like shutter streak or bleach bypass for edgier looks that significantly extend the capabilities in Photoshop. Regardless of when or where they were shot, Magic Bullet PhotoLooks sets the right mood for portraits, candid wedding shots, and commercial or fine art photography. With Magic Bullet PhotoLooks, the "golden hour" can be anytime you like.
Users can share Looks created in Magic Bullet PhotoLooks in After Effects, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and Avid projects through Magic Bullet Looks. Custom Looks created in Magic Bullet Looks are also recognized in Photoshop through Magic Bullet PhotoLooks—allowing users to work seamlessly with digital images and video.
• Customers who buy now will qualify for a free upgrade of Magic Bullet PhotoLooks when the next release of Adobe Photoshop becomes available.
• Save time and money with over 100 stylized looks for photos.
• Create your own photographic looks quickly and easily.
• Use tools inspired by your real-world camera experience.
• Ships as both a Photoshop plug-in and a stand-alone version.
About Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop
Photoshop co-creator and Star Wars effects guru John Knoll developed Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop to mimic the reflections from a very bright light source as seen through a camera's lens. It's proven to be one of the most popular plug-ins for both Adobe Photoshop and After Effects.
• Customers who buy now will qualify for a free upgrade of Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop when the next release of Adobe Photoshop becomes available.
• Try the same presets used in movies such as Planet of the Apes, The Day After Tomorrow, the Star Trek series, and Dreamgirls.
• Go far beyond the simple built-in lens flare features of Photoshop.
• Add visual interest to images of all kinds.
• Get the look of expensive lens flares without expensive lenses.
What's New in Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop 3.1
• New user interface adds previews, undo, and a single editing window
• 50 new presets in version 3.1
• Plugs into Photoshop CS3, CS4, Photoshop Elements 7.0 and 8.0
• Works on 32- and 64-bit Vista and Windows 7 systems as well as Mac OSX Snow Leopard
• Learn more about Magic Bullet PhotoLooks
• Learn more about Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop
• Watch a tutorial on using Magic Bullet PhotoLooks
• Watch a tutorial on using Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop
• Need more info? Visit our web site where we answer Frequently Asked Questions http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/featured-news/photoshop-launch/
Pricing and Availability
• Magic Bullet PhotoLooks is available now for $199 USD. Current Magic Bullet Looks or Magic Bullet QuickLooks customers can buy Magic Bullet PhotoLooks for $99 USD for a limited time. Customers who buy now will qualify for a free upgrade of Magic Bullet PhotoLooks when the next release of Adobe Photoshop
• Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop is available now for $149 USD. Current customers of Knoll Light Factory Pro, which runs on After Effects and Final Cut Pro, can buy Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop for $99 USD for a limited time. Customers who buy now will qualify for a free upgrade of Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop when the next release of Adobe Photoshop becomes available.
• Visit http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/ to place an order.
About Red Giant Software
Founded in 2002, Red Giant Software publishes and develops software tools made by industry veterans Stu Maschwitz and John Knoll. Red Giant Software's ever-expanding product line has over 30 packages that run on Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, Motion, and Avid
systems. The vast range of visual effects tools features industry-leading effects for designing realistic fire, rain,
and water; adding popular looks; and creating perfect keys. Red Giant effects have enhanced feature films such as Angels & Demons, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Mummy 3, and Grindhouse, and added sparkle to cable and broadcast content from NBC Universal, Food Network, ESPN, Disney, CNN, Comedy
Central, MTV, and TNT.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Related Keywords:Red Giant Software, Magic Bullet PhotoLooks, Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop