|Page (1) of 1 - 01/30/12||email article||print page|
New Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialization for MySQL Enables Partners to Showcase ExpertiseReaffirms Oracle's Commitment to MySQL (January 30, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- In its ongoing commitment to drive new innovations for MySQL, Oracle today announced the launch of a MySQL Specialization, as part of the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized program.
- MySQL is the world's most popular open source database, empowering partners to deliver cutting-edge solutions and services using the MySQL technology.
- Partners who earn the MySQL Specialized distinction will be equipped to spotlight their strengths and expertise, better differentiate their offerings and gain a competitive edge in the marketplace.
- Partners reselling MySQL can leverage OPN member benefits including advanced educational and enablement resources, and special branding for their MySQL Specialization, as well as easier and faster ordering and reselling processes.
- Oracle's partners who embed or bundle MySQL with their software, hardware or appliances also receive access to the development license of advanced MySQL commercial tools, including MySQL Enterprise Monitor and MySQL Query Analyzer, allowing them to improve the quality, stability and performance of their products.
- More than 3,000 ISVs, OEMs, and VARs already rely on MySQL to make their products more competitive, bring them to market faster, and lower the total cost of ownership for their customers.
- To further educate partners on the benefits of building products with MySQL, Oracle is holding the MySQL Embedded Online Forum on Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 9:00am Pacific Time.
- "Oracle is dedicated to providing partners with leading technologies and resources to help them learn, grow and profit with Oracle," said Judson Althoff, senior vice president, Worldwide Alliances and Channels and Embedded Sales, Oracle. "The new MySQL Specialization further provides reseller, ISV and OEM partners with the enablement tools they need to get the maximum value from MySQL and recognizes their expertise and the value they deliver to customers worldwide."
- "Oracle continues to innovate across the MySQL product family to address the evolving needs of both our end-user and partner community," said Tomas Ulin, Oracle's MySQL vice president of Engineering. "MySQL continues to be the leading open source database, a popular and important technology for partners, and we are excited to deliver this new Specialization."
- "MySQL helps Xirrus to deliver high-performance, scalable and trusted wireless network management for organizations that depend on wireless to run their business," said Jack Horner, vice president of Software at Xirrus, Inc. "Through our Oracle PartnerNetwork membership, we are able to leverage the powerful commercial tools such as MySQL Enterprise Monitor and MySQL Query Analyzer during the development and testing processes to further enhance the quality and performance of our products while reducing the time for troubleshooting."
- MySQL Specialization
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
- MySQL Facebook, Twitter, Blog
- MySQL Knowledge Zone for OPN Partners
- Judson Althoff Blog
- Connect with the Oracle Partner community at OPN on Facebook, OPN on LinkedIn, OPN on YouTube and OPN on Twitter
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle's products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Sales, Sales & Marketing, Database, Business Issues, Hardware, Other, Management, Sales, Sales, Marketwire, Inc., , Appliances, Business, Family, Other,