|Page (1) of 1 - 12/13/11||email article||print page|
New Oracle Communications Applications Help Service Providers Rapidly Launch New Pricing Plans, Enable Innovative Policy-Driven Charging and Simplify Network Connectivity for Data Services(December 13, 2011)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/13/11 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced the general availability of Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management Release 7.5, the industry's leading billing and revenue management platform. This new release provides advanced billing functionality, increased performance for convergent charging environments and integration with Oracle Communications Online Mediation and Oracle Communications Policy Controller to simplify operations and enable data charging innovation.
- Oracle also announced the release of Oracle Communications Pricing Design Center 11.1, which dramatically simplifies the new offer creation process and enables business users to create simple or complex charge offers in minutes using intuitive, top-down navigation workflows.
- In addition, Oracle announced the availability of Oracle Communications Online Mediation Controller, which enables communications service providers (CSPs) to unify their charging infrastructure and leverage existing charging components while introducing new systems.
Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management Release 7.5 Details
- Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management Release 7.5 leverages Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database to help increase performance and reduce total cost of ownership. Convergent charging environments utilizing both online and offline charging and billing processes achieve up to six times performance improvement and a 30 percent reduction in storage requirements compared to previous releases.
- Release 7.5 includes native integration with Oracle Communications Online Mediation Controller, which enables CSPs to accommodate a variety of online charging models. This new release also provides CSPs with a single console to manage online mediation for all network products, and provides up to 56 percent better performance than previous Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management iterations.
- The new release also includes native integration with Oracle Communications Policy Controller -- a comprehensive policy management product that optimizes data usage and ensures fair network resource allocation -- to enable policy and charging in a single solution. This helps CSPs apply fair usage policies, eliminate bill shock and deliver innovative, policy-driven promotions and discounts.
- Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management Release 7.5 also includes new features supporting regulatory requirements for re-billing and corrective invoicing.
Oracle Communications Pricing Design Center 11.1 Details
- Oracle Communications Pricing Design Center 11.1 is an open, Web-based application, which integrates seamlessly with Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management and other rating engines.. This new pricing application enables rapid product offer design and deployment with extensive pricing capabilities supported by underlying business support systems (BSS).
- Business analysts using this solution can leverage simple, single-page pricing component views, rich search capabilities and adaptable profiles to quickly create product or service offerings.
Oracle Communications Online Mediation Controller Details
- Oracle Communications Online Mediation Controller delivers a flexible charging infrastructure designed to reduce costs and support a more agile and responsive enterprise.
- Unified mediation enables CSPs to apply a single charging strategy across formerly siloed networks and business groups. The product combines pre-built charging protocols with a mediation engine to seamlessly bridge across vendors to reduce costs and accelerate time to market.
- Oracle Communications Online Mediation Controller maintains pre-built safeguarding functions that isolate network changes from the charging system, and charging system changes and disruptions from the network to help ensure revenue continuity by compensating for planned or unplanned charging system outages.
- With broadband services growth straining existing charging systems, Oracle Communications Online Mediation Controller aggregates charging events to minimize the impact on existing charging systems.
- "Next-generation network technology enables communications service providers to deliver innovative products and services that deliver a differentiated customer experience and create new revenue opportunities. These new Oracle Communications product innovations will help CSPs more efficiently manage growing service complexity and adapt to changing customer or technology demands, while reducing total cost of ownership and simplifying operations," said Liam Maxwell, vice president of products, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management 7.5
- Oracle Communications Pricing Design Center 11.1
- Oracle Communications Online Mediation Controller
- Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database
- RELEASE: Oracle Introduces Oracle Communications Policy Controller to Help Service Providers Better Manage the Explosion in Data Usage and Deliver the Highest Quality Customer Experience
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Applications, Storage, Business Issues, Hardware, Services, Software, Misc, Networks, IT Management, Management, Marketwire, , Business, Other,