|Page (1) of 1 - 06/04/12||email article||print page|
New Hogan Team Report Helps Leaders Maximize Team PerformanceReport Uses Hogan's Powerful Personality Assessments to Identify Teams' Unique Strengths, Weaknesses, and Culture (June 04, 2012)
TULSA, OK -- (Marketwire) -- 06/04/12 -- From the Egyptian pyramids to the Great Wall of China, humanity's greatest achievements have resulted from a collective team effort. The same holds true in today's modern business environment, where high-performing teams can achieve superior outcomes compared to individual contributions. All too often, though, teams comprised of talented people fail to perform to maximum potential.
To better understand team dynamics and improve how individuals work together on a team, Hogan Assessment Systems today announced the launch of its new Hogan Team Report, developed in conjunction with partner Winsborough Limited. Using team members' scores on the Hogan Personality Inventory, Hogan Development Survey, and Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory, the Hogan Team Report identifies the mix of skills needed to achieve positive results, determines the individuals who will work best together, and highlights the core motivations and values shared by the team and potential problems that might emerge.
The report is divided into five sections, showing how each team member's characteristics affect team performance. The five sections of the Hogan Team Report include:
- Team Roles - The main reason that teams rarely perform to maximum capacity is due to a misunderstanding of how teams work and a failure to address an individual's psychological role. The Hogan Team Report identifies five psychological roles to which team members naturally gravitate and are necessary for a highly functioning team: Results, Relationships, Process, Innovation, and Pragmatism.
- Team Derailers - This section identifies each individual's potential derailers, or characteristics that can impede performance when under pressure or become exposed due to personality differences. If a majority of team members show the same tendencies, the behavior will amplify, undermining the team's performance.
- Team Culture - The report includes an analysis of the team culture, such as the individual values and drivers that guide self-focus and priorities. When team members share the same values, the team can bond more easily and become more united in achieving goals.
- Individual Profiles - A summary graphic of individual assessment profiles for each team member is included. This chart allows leaders to understand and compare the differences in style, derailers, and values for each team member.
- Individual Perspectives - Also included in the report is a detailed view of the overall similarity between each team member and the other individuals in the group. This section provides a detailed understanding of individual and group dynamics.
"The success of any team is dependent on having the right mix of skills, experience, and personality as well as an understanding of the team's internal dynamics," said Greg Barnett, director of product development at Hogan. "The new Hogan Team Report provides crucial insight into each team member's unique characteristics and helps team leaders take the appropriate actions to mitigate potential fracture lines and elevate overall team performance."
To learn more about how the Hogan Team Report helps teams achieve superior business results, please visit: http://info.hoganassessments.com/Team-Report/
About Hogan Assessment Systems
With more than 30 years of experience, Hogan is the global leader in providing comprehensive, research-based personality assessment and consulting. Grounded in decades of science, Hogan helps businesses dramatically reduce turnover and increase productivity by hiring the right people, developing key talent, and evaluating leadership potential.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Hogan, assessments, pre-employment assessments, HR, team roles, team culture, derailment, workplace, China, Marketwire, Business, Science, china, Other,