|Page (1) of 1 - 07/16/12||email article||print page|
New Data Reveals Medical Conditions Influence Media ConsumptionResonate Survey Identifies Media Habits Among Consumers Who Suffer From ADHD, Insomnia, Acid Reflux, Diabetes and Depression (July 16, 2012)
RESTON, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/16/12 -- Resonate, a leading advertising technology company focused on connecting marketers with audiences based on values, unveiled new research that suggests consumers suffering from certain medical conditions are more likely to use multiple technology devices to ingest information. This survey provides marketers with valuable information when targeting consumers who suffer from ADHD, insomnia, acid reflux, diabetes and depression.
The survey of 4,500 adults (ages 21-65) conducted by Resonate showed that:
- Insomniacs are 34 percent more likely to watch TV on a computer, 31 percent more likely to watch on a tablet and 24 percent more likely to watch on a mobile phone.
- Insomniacs are 30 percent more likely to spend more than 40 hours per week online.
- People who have ADHD are 26 percent more likely to be cordcutters, while diabetics are 32 percent less likely to be cordcutters.
- Acid reflux sufferers are 30 percent less likely to use only antenna TV service and 40 percent less likely not to have TV service at all.
- People with depression are 15 percent more likely not to have TV service in their home.
"There is always something more for marketers to learn about consumers. They always want one more insight that will give them an edge. As this data demonstrates we give our Client's uniquely valuable insights into how medical conditions can drive media choices," said Bryan Gernert, CEO of Resonate. "Resonate offers a unique opportunity for marketers to both understand their audiences and reach them where they consume media."
Resonate conducted this online survey in May 2012. All participants in the survey self-selected their medical conditions and Resonate didn't screen for medical conditions. To find out more about why targeting consumers based on values is more effective than traditional targeting methods, please visit http://www.resonateinsights.com/.
Resonate enables advertisers to reach audiences based on the nuances in consumers' belief systems and values. Our proprietary platform allows marketers to build rich consumer profiles to power online advertising campaigns, and gain actionable consumer insights before, during, and after execution. Resonate's insights power the campaign performance of leading brand and political advertisers.
Resonate is headquartered in Reston, Va. with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington D.C. For more information visit: www.resonateinsights.com.
Horn on behalf of Resonate
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Resonate, Sales, Advertising, Internet, Prosumer/Consumer, Phone, Marketwire, Television, Communications Technology, Adults,