|Page (1) of 1 - 04/20/11||email article||print page|
NetBeans IDE 7.0 Now AvailableFirst Integrated Development Environment to Offer Support for the Forthcoming JDK 7 Release; Enhancements Enable Faster and More Efficient Application Development (April 20, 2011)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/20/11 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Further demonstrating its commitment to the NetBeans community, Oracle today announced a major new version of the NetBeans integrated development environment (IDE), NetBeans IDE 7.0.
- Allowing developers to take advantage of latest developments in Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE), NetBeans IDE 7.0 introduces language support for the upcoming JDK 7 release, currently available as a Developer Preview.
- NetBeans IDE 7.0 is currently the only open source IDE available to provide support for the JDK 7 Developer Preview.
- The release also delivers enhanced integration with Oracle WebLogic Server 11g and support for Oracle Database, GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1, and Oracle GlassFish Server 3.1.
NetBeans Enhancements Enable Faster, Easier Application Development
- NetBeans IDE 7.0 is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Oracle Solaris and is available in English, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, and Chinese.
- The latest version of the NetBeans IDE provides enhanced support across key technologies and programming languages, including:
- Java SE:
- New Java language support enhancements for the upcoming JDK 7 release, currently available as a Developer Preview
- Editor enhancements including code completion and hints
- Maven 3 support
- JUnit 4.8.2 integration and additional JUnit improvements
- Remote HTTP URLs supported for Javadoc in libraries and Java platforms, providing support for "remotely hosted" javadoc
- Improved visual customizer for GridBagLayout
- Oracle WebLogic Server:
- Streamlined and faster deployment to Oracle WebLogic Server 11g
- New server runtime node displaying deployed applications and resources
- JavaServer Faces integration with server libraries
- Web Development
- HTML5 editing support is now available in the HTML editor
- Improved HTML code validation
- GlassFish 3.1:
- Domain restart and log viewer for remote GlassFish Server instances
- Ability to enable and disable deployed applications
- Oracle Database:
- Editing and deployment of stored procedures
- Simplified connection wizard
- Guided installation to JDBC driver
- Java SE:
- "Oracle continues to enhance the NetBeans platform, providing developers with a feature-rich, open-source IDE for the creation of Java-based mobile, Web and desktop applications," said Ted Farrell, chief architect and senior vice president, Tools and Middleware, Oracle. "NetBeans IDE 7.0 is the industry's first IDE to support the upcoming JDK 7 release enabling developers to take advantage of the latest developments in Java and to deliver higher quality applications, faster and easier."
- NetBeans IDE
- NetBeans Documentation and Resources
- NetBeans Community Portal
- Oracle Development Tools
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Applications,Productivity Applications,Internet,Business Issues,Hardware,Desktop Applications,Other Applications,Open Source,Internet Server Applications,Web Servers,Unix,Mac,Linux,OS9,OSX,Marketwire,Internet Technology,Computer Science,Business,Other,