|Page (1) of 1 - 10/25/11||email article||print page|
NetApp Named One of Washingtonian Magazine's 50 Great Places to Work(October 25, 2011)
VIENNA, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/25/11 -- NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it was recognized as one of Washingtonian Magazine's 50 Great Places to Work in the Washington, D.C., area. NetApp received this honor in the IT, Engineering, and Software category; it marks the second time that NetApp has made this distinguished biennial list. With the belief that people do business with people, NetApp puts employees at the heart of company culture, driving a competitive advantage for NetApp and success for customers and partners around the world.
- NetApp was selected based on high marks from employees on criteria such as generous pay and benefits, challenging and interesting work, great work/life balance, opportunities to learn and grow, financial stability, commitment to charity and community, and the recognition and respect given to employees. Success in these areas is evidence that employees are dedicated to NetApp company values, making our customer promise to "Go further, faster" a reality.
- This honor follows NetApp's #5 ranking in the Washington Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" list in the greater D.C. area for 2011.
- NetApp currently holds top-15 outstanding rankings for similar great-places-to-work awards in these locations around the globe:
- Research Triangle Park, NC: #1
- United Kingdom: #2
- Canada: #2
- Switzerland: #2
- New York City: #2
- Australia: #3
- France: #4
- Minnesota: #4
- United States: #5
- Netherlands: #5
- Europe: #6
- Japan: #8
- Germany: #8
- India: #10
- Boston: #14
- NetApp first opened its doors in the D.C. area in June 1999. Its sales teams in the Vienna, Virginia, office and the greater D.C. area focus on customers in federal, state, and local government; K-12 and higher education; as well as commercial entities in the Washington, D.C., area.
- Today NetApp has 353 full and part-time employees in the region.
- Winners were chosen by a panel of editors and writers who reviewed more than 200 companies and some 13,000 employee surveys. The final determinations relied heavily on the scores given by a company's employees.
- Mark Weber, president and general manager of the U.S. Public Sector, NetApp
"The spirit and dedication of our employees embodies our culture and provides an environment where innovation thrives. We are honored to have this recognition by Washingtonian Magazine and consider it a great acknowledgement that our employees are the heart of our culture and are committed to pushing the boundaries of what's possible for our customers, our partners, and ourselves."
Discuss this news in NetApp Communities, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with our community members. Collaborate with our company, engage in conversation with NetApp leaders and employees, and participate in our passion to go further, faster. Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities.
- Learn more about NetApp solutions for the U.S. Public Sector: http://www.netapp.com/us/solutions/industry/federal-government
- Learn more about NetApp solutions for state and local government: www.netapp.com/us/solutions/industry/state-and-local-government.html
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: NetApp, NTAP, NetApp Data Storage, NetApp Virtualization, NetApp Storage Efficiency, Data Management, Business, Data Storage, Storage, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , Financial, Business, Other,