|Page (1) of 1 - 02/27/12||email article||print page|
Net Optics Announces Spyke(TM), a Powerful Solution Providing Integrated Network and Application IntelligenceInnovative Network Performance Technology Enables Capture, Analysis and Storage of Data Traversing the IT Infrastructure -- Providing SMBs a Powerful Solution, Helping Enterprises Expand Visibility in Existing Monitoring Infrastructure (February 27, 2012)
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/12 -- Net Optics, Inc., the leading provider of Intelligent Access and Monitoring Architecture, today announces the upcoming Spyke family of Network Monitoring and Performance Management solutions, offering powerful new levels of application intelligence to fortify network access, visibility and real-time monitoring, and extending Net Optics' Access Switching capabilities. With Spyke, small and medium-size businesses can finally afford a solution that unites Performance Management with Intelligent Access to forge a total network monitoring and access architecture, extending visibility and control to the critical application layer. Enterprises can use Spyke in tandem with existing performance and availability solutions to plug visibility holes in their monitoring infrastructure.
This approach gives IT Operations, application support teams and network engineers the ability to detect and fix network problems using true application identification and analysis before business and/or service delivery are degraded. Spyke's key differentiators include:
- Comprehensive visibility: Spyke's visibility spans high-level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to low-level packet capture for quick problem detection, isolation, diagnosis and resolution. Spyke's easily deployed and intuitive GUI enables users to drill down quickly from high-level metrics to granular details of network traffic, pinpointing root causes of performance problems and restoring critical business services in the shortest time possible.
- Application Intelligence: Spyke provides application-specific insights that are critical to timely root cause analysis. Examples include identification of actual user names, individual VoIP calls, and deep visibility of email traffic.
- Real-time monitoring: Built to address critical business needs with the ability to support gigabit speeds, Spyke provides KPIs on a sub-minute level.
While conventional network monitoring approaches such as flow monitoring inspect only packet headers to derive information, Spyke lets users instantly identify how applications such as web, VoIP, video and so forth are used, helping to categorize and diagnose performance issues instantly.
"Small and mid-size businesses now have a means of determining who, what and why when troubleshooting critical performance issues," said Net Optics CEO, Bob Shaw. "Spyke provides the application-awareness architecture, the full network visibility and the deep, application-specific metrics necessary to detect, diagnose and solve problems. Now you can reduce complexity without sacrificing the level of detail needed to keep the network running smoothly."
Spyke's unique database technology offers the ability to store vast amounts of data, including both network flows and application-specific metrics scaling to support hundreds of millions of flow records. Users can query the performance warehouse and instantly locate even a single conversation -- the "needle in the haystack."
RELATED LINKS AND CONVERSATIONS
- Hear CEO Bob Shaw discuss our newest solution.
- View "Net Optics By the Numbers" for a highlight of the company's key milestones.
- Read about our newest Monitoring and Performance solutions and learn more about Spyke and the appTap by following these links.
- Follow us Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
About Net Optics, Inc.
Net Optics is the leading provider of Intelligent Access and Monitoring Architecture solutions that deliver real-time IT visibility, monitoring and control. As a result, businesses achieve peak performance in network analytics and security. More than 7,500 enterprises, service providers and government organizations -- including 85 percent of the Fortune 100 -- trust Net Optics' comprehensive smart access hardware and software solutions to plan, scale and future-proof their networks through an easy-to-use interface. Net Optics maintains a global presence through leading OEM partner and reseller networks.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Net Optics, Marketwire, Inc., , Business Services, Internet Technology, Business, Email, Family,