|Page (1) of 1 - 08/13/01||email article||print page|
Native Ships Reaktor 3 for MacPro-52 synth also getting update
Reaktor can be used as a synthesizer, sampler, effects processor or groovebox. It runs standalone or as a plugin on the Macintosh with a number of common interface standards. According to Native, Reaktor 3 features a completely rewritten audio core, interface enhancements and new modules.
Reaktor provides more than 200 basic modules for creating sound generators and effects processors. These include numerous "analog" and sampling oscillators, various filters and envelopes, shapers, delays and sequencers.
Reaktor 3 includes a completely rewritten core audio engine that is optimized for the AltiVec instruction set on the G4 processor. According to Native, depending on the ensemble, the new audio core is up to 100 percent more efficient than Reaktor 2.3 running the same ensemble on the same processor.
Other new features include:
- Native modular real-time software for synthesis, sampling and effects processing
- 32-bit floating point precision
- Sample rates up to 96 kHz with compatible hardware
- Hundreds of instruments and thousands of presets included
- Enhanced user interface with drag and drop and floating properties palette
- Reads Akai samples directly from disc
- Reads and writes audio files from hard disk
- Array module allows graphical waveform, envelope, and MIDI editing.
Reaktor 3 on the Mac supports VST 2.0, ASIO, Sound Manager, DirectConnect, MAS and FreeMIDI.
Native is also releasing a new version of Pro-52, its virtual analog synthesizer. The new version, 2.5, offers three new interfaces for compatibility with all common sequencer and recording environments. In addition to the VST interface, version 2.5 supports DXi, MAS and DirectConnect. In the Mac OS stand-alone version, Pro-52 2.5 also allows up to eight instances to be used at the same time, each with its own MIDI channel. According to Native, the 2.5 update and the new full version will be "available soon."
For more information, visit http://www.native-instruments.net.
Related Keywords:mas, audio, digital, macintosh, mac, asio, dxi, directconnect, soundmanager, sound manager, vst