|Page (1) of 1 - 07/11/03||email article||print page|
Native Ships Absynth 2.0Modular synth gets Mac OS X support
Absynth is a modular software synthesizer for Macintosh and Windows. According to Native, the new version has been improved "in every dimension," including synthesis and sound design capabilities, as well as improved compatibility and integration. It includes new oscillator modes (integrated and granular sampling), improved VST integration and more advanced envelope functions. It also offers synchronization of rhythmic sounds to song tempo, new filters and oscillators and integrated libraries. Some specific enhancements include:
- Support for Core Audio and Core MIDI under Mac OS X;
- Controller-driven envelope mode;
- LFO waveforms as envelope;
- Sample jump envelopes;
- MIDI-driven breakpoints;
- Modules, waveforms, effects and complete oscillator channels can be loaded from or saved to a library;
- Improved analog-style 2-, 4- and 8-pole low pass and 2-, 4- and 8-pole all pass filters;
- Improved VST operation (engine no longer needs to be run in the background);
- Oscillators can run in stereo mode, and panning can be modulated by envelopes;
- Includes 128 new presets (more than 800 total).
The full version of Absynth is available now for Mac OS 9, Mac OS X and Windows. The full version runs $299. Updates are expected to be available July 18 for $69 to $99. (Those who purchased version 1.x after Feb. 1 will receive the update for free.) For more information,visit http://www.nativeinstruments.de.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Native Ships Absynth 2.0