|Page (1) of 1 - 12/05/11||email article||print page|
NXP Ships World's Fastest ARM Cortex-M4 and Cortex-M3 MicrocontrollersLPC4300 Sets New Benchmark for Cortex-M4 at 204 MHz (December 05, 2011)
EINDHOVEN, NETHERLANDS and SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/11 -- NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) today announced the availability of the LPC4300 Digital Signal Controller (DSC) -- at 204 MHz, the world's fastest ARM® Cortex-M4 processor. The LPC4300 is the industry's first asymmetrical dual-core DSC with a Cortex-M0 co-processor. Also today, NXP announced that it has increased the performance of its LPC1800 series to 180 MHz, extending its lead as the world's fastest Cortex-M3-based microcontroller. Designed in parallel, the LPC4300 and LPC1800 have been manufactured using the same ultra-low leakage 90-nm technology, are pin- and software-compatible, and share many key features.
"The LPC4300 is not just another Cortex-M4. It has proven to be a great match for customers that require high-performance microcontroller and DSP capabilities," said Gordon Cooper, product marketing manager, microcontroller business line, NXP Semiconductors. "We're providing embedded engineers with a seamless upward migration path from LPC1800 to LPC4300 by adding DSP and floating-point math."
The first LPC4300 part available is the LPC4350 in a BGA256 package -- a Flashless part with 264KB SRAM -- available now at major distribution partners. Flash parts will be available in Q1 2012. Further information is available at: http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers/cortex_m4/lpc4300/
Facts / Highlights on the LPC4300 and LPC1800
- At 204 MHz, the NXP LPC4300 is the fastest ARM Cortex-M4 microcontroller available today. This performance makes the LPC4300 series ideal for a wide range of applications, including embedded audio, high-end motor control, industrial automation, point-of-sale, medical devices, and automotive accessories.
- The LPC4300 has a unique asymmetrical dual-core architecture, featuring two ARM processors -- a Cortex-M4 core, optimized for real-time processing, and a Cortex-M0 core, optimized for real-time control. The small gate-count Cortex-M0 has been added to offload many of the control and I/O handling duties that drain the bandwidth of the Cortex-M4 core, allowing the Cortex-M4 to concentrate on what it does best: crunching numbers for digital signal control applications. Both cores are capable of running at 204 MHz.
- Unique configurable peripherals on the LPC4300 and LPC1800 include:
- The State Configurable Timer sub-system, which lets designers configure advanced timing operations with state machine control including complex motor-control functions
- The Quad lane SPI flash interface, which extends the code and data memory map using inexpensive, low-pin count SPI data flash.
- Additionally, the LPC4300 has the Serial GPIO interface, which is capable of emulating standard interfaces such as multiple I2S for a 7.1 multi-channel audio connection.
- NXP and its partners offer extensive software and development tool support for the LPC4300 and LPC1800, including a CMSIS-compliant peripheral driver library; a full-featured open-source USB library and USB ROM drivers supporting its Hi-Speed USB Host/Device/OTG interfaces with on-chip high-speed PHY; and the emWin graphic library from SEGGER free of charge for NXP customers. Dual-core debugging support is provided by leading ARM development tools including IAR Systems, Keil, and NXP's Eclipse-based LPCXpresso IDE.
- Suggested pricing for the LPC4300 series starts at $3.75 for quantities of 10,000 pieces and suggested pricing for the LPC1800 series starts at $2.95 for quantities of 10,000 pieces. Other packages include TFBGA100, LQFP144, LQFP100, LQFP208, and BGA180.
- LPC4300 product information
- LPC1800 product information
- VIDEO: NXP LPC4300 Overview
- VIDEO : Comparing LPC1800 and LPC4300
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 25 countries, NXP posted revenue of $4.4 billion in 2010. Additional information can be found by visiting www.nxp.com.
This document includes forward-looking statements which include statements regarding NXP's business strategy, financial condition, results of operations, and market data, as well as any other statements which are not historical facts. By their nature, forward-looking statements are subject to numerous factors, risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcomes and results to be materially different from those projected. These factors, risks and uncertainties include the following: market demand and semiconductor industry conditions; the ability to successfully introduce new technologies and products; the end-market demand for the goods into which NXP's products are incorporated; the ability to generate sufficient cash, raise sufficient capital or refinance corporate debt at or before maturity; the ability to meet the combination of corporate debt service, research and development and capital investment requirements; the ability to accurately estimate demand and match manufacturing production capacity accordingly or obtain supplies from third-party producers; the access to production capacity from third-party outsourcing partners; any events that might affect third-party business partners or NXP's relationship with them; the ability to secure adequate and timely supply of equipment and materials from suppliers; the ability to avoid operational problems and product defects and, if such issues were to arise, to correct them quickly; the ability to form strategic partnerships and joint ventures and to successfully cooperate with alliance partners; the ability to win competitive bid selection processes to develop products for use in customers' equipment and products; the ability to successfully establish a brand identity; the ability to successfully hire and retain key management and senior product architects; and, the ability to maintain good relationships with our suppliers. In addition, this document contains information concerning the semiconductor industry and NXP's business segments generally, which is forward-looking in nature and is based on a variety of assumptions regarding the ways in which the semiconductor industry, NXP's market segments and product areas may develop. NXP has based these assumptions on information currently available, if any one or more of these assumptions turn out to be incorrect, actual market results may differ from those predicted. While NXP does not know what impact any such differences may have on its business, if there are such differences, its future results of operations and its financial condition could be materially adversely affected. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak to results only as of the date the statements were made. Except for any ongoing obligation to disclose material information as required by the United States federal securities laws, NXP does not have any intention or obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements after we distribute this document, whether to reflect any future events or circumstances or otherwise. For a discussion of potential risks and uncertainties, please refer to the risk factors listed in our SEC filings. Copies of our SEC filings are available from on our Investor Relations website, www.nxp.com/investor or from the SEC website, www.sec.gov.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1820868
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1820872
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1820853
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1820861
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1820864
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1820867
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: nxp, lpc4300, cortex-m4, mcu, microcontroller, availability, dual core, dsc, lpc1800, cortex-m3, USA, Marketwire, , Financial, Medical Technology, Business, Other,