|Page (1) of 1 - 07/20/10||email article||print page|
NXP Launches iPhone ApplicationApplication Designed to Connect Engineers With NXP's Complete Products Portfolio Anytime, Anywhere (July 20, 2010)
EINDHOVEN, NETHERLANDS and SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/20/10 -- NXP Semiconductors today introduced the NXP iPhone application, allowing access to NXP products and support easier and faster than ever before. This free application allows engineers to search, buy and share more than 10,000 product parts from NXP's High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Products portfolio anytime, anywhere on their Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Features of NXP iPhone application:
- Engineers can browse and search the database of NXP products by product functions and part numbers to get product specifications. Product datasheets, application and packaging information are also available at the click of a finger tip.
- Customers can order product parts using this application. By placing products directly into a shopping cart, they will be directed to online stores of NXP's worldwide distribution partners to complete the transaction within minutes.
- Engineers are able to share product specifications by email or social media channels, like Facebook or Twitter.
- The "My Favorite" function allows engineers to keep track of product types that they are interested in.
- "About NXP" provides the overview of NXP's worldwide sales offices, distribution networks (with map) and access to online technical support form.
- This free application works with the following devices: iPhone (2G and higher, including iPhone 4), iPad and iPod touch.
- NXP iPhone application can be downloaded immediately from Apple's App store worldwide at this link.
- "Design teams typically span across geographies and time zones, and it is essential they are equipped with not only the right tools and products, but access when they need it," said Mike Noonen, Executive Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing at NXP Semiconductors. "We are delighted to be the first semiconductor company to introduce a complete portfolio iPhone product selector application to save customers time and allow them to make selections and purchases anytime and anywhere. This showcases our quick response to meet the changing needs of design engineers in the mobile internet era."
- "Digi-Key customers include purchasers and engineers who often do most of their work away from their desks. These customers require productive and efficient mobile solutions to maximize their time and minimize their costs when sourcing and designing new devices," said Tony Harris, Chief Marketing Officer at Digi-Key. "Engineers and purchasers now have access to all of NXP's quality products when accessing NXP's new iPhone app or Digi-Key's recently upgraded iPhone app. With this mobile solution, NXP continues to offer innovative, cutting-edge products to its customers."
- About NXP iPhone Application
- Link to Apple App store
- Videos of NXP iPhone App features
- NXP on Twitter
- Join NXP on Facebook
Tags / Keywords:
NXP, semiconductor, manufacturing, mobility, Apple, App Store, iPhone, iPad
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. Headquartered in Europe, the company has approximately 28,000 employees working in more than 25 countries and posted sales of USD 3.8 billion in 2009.
This release may contain certain forward-looking statements with respect to the financial condition, results of operations and business of NXP and certain plans and objectives of NXP with respect to these items. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve risk and uncertainty because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that will occur in the future and there are many factors that could cause actual results and developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1311520
For further press information, please contact:
Tel. +1 408 474 8769
Tel. +31 40 2725162
Anne Suzan Ariens
Tel: +65 6882 4416
Tel. +86 21 2205 5883
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: NXP Semiconductors, Marketwire,Apple Computer,Financial,Internet Technology,Business,Internet,Email,