|Page (1) of 1 - 01/24/11||email article||print page|
NXP Launches Android ApplicationComplete NXP Product Portfolio Now Available on All Android Mobile Devices (January 24, 2011)
EINDHOVEN, NETHERLANDS and SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/11 -- NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) today introduced the NXP Android application, allowing easy and fast access to NXP's complete product portfolio. The free mobile application allows engineers to search, buy and share information on over 10,000 products from NXP's High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Products portfolio anytime, anywhere. This application will run on all Android smartphones and tablets supported by Android 1.6, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3.
Features of the NXP Android application:
- Engineers can easily browse and search the NXP product database by product function, application area and part numbers to get product specifications. Product datasheets, application notes and packaging information are also available at the tap of a finger.
- Customers can order product parts using this application. By placing order directly into a shopping cart they will be directed to the online stores of NXP's global distribution partners to complete the transaction within minutes.
- Engineers are able to share product information with peers via email or social media channels, like Facebook or Twitter.
- The "My Favorite" function allows engineers to keep track of products they are interested in for future reference.
- "About NXP" provides an overview of NXP's global sales offices, distribution networks and access to the online technical support center.
The NXP Android application can be downloaded immediately by scanning this barcode with your mobile device scan function, or by accessing the Android market directly on your phone.
- "The release of the NXP Android Mobile Application is a milestone in our efforts to provide seamless access to our product catalog and the ability to make purchases across multiple application stores and devices," said Mike Noonen, executive vice president of Global Sales and Marketing at NXP Semiconductors. "The industry's first semiconductor Android application is a major step for today's mobile engineer who historically had limited access options, but can now quickly make selections and purchase without having to be confined to their computers."
- "For engineers it is crucially important that they get access to the latest product information as quickly and as easily as possible. The new Android-based NXP application allows easy access to the information engineers want when they want it," said Sander Arts, vice president of corporate communications and branding at NXP Semiconductors. "This new Android application perfectly complements the award winning NXP iPhone app launched in July 2010, and shows that NXP is committed to making product information available anytime anywhere."
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. Headquartered in Europe, the company has approximately 28,000 employees working in more than 25 countries and posted sales of USD 3.8 billion in 2009. For more information, visit www.nxp.com
This document includes forward-looking statements which include statements regarding our business strategy, financial condition, results of operations, and market data, as well as any other statements which are not historical facts. By their nature, forward- looking statements are subject to numerous factors, risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcomes and results to be materially different from those projected. These factors, risks and uncertainties include the following: market demand and semiconductor industry conditions, our ability to successfully introduce new technologies and products, the demand for the goods into which our products are incorporated, our ability to generate sufficient cash, raise sufficient capital or refinance our debt at or before maturity to meet both our debt service and research and development and capital investment requirements, our ability to accurately estimate demand and match our production capacity accordingly or obtain supplies from third-party producers, our access to production from third-party outsourcing partners, and any events that might affect their business or our relationship with them, our ability to secure adequate and timely supply of equipment and materials from suppliers, our ability to avoid operational problems and product defects and, if such issues were to arise, to rectify them quickly, our ability to form strategic partnerships and joint ventures and successfully cooperate with our alliance partners, our ability to win competitive bid selection processes to develop products for use in our customers' equipment and products, our ability to successfully establish a brand identity, our ability to successfully hire and retain key management and senior product architects; and, our ability to maintain good relationships with our suppliers. In addition, this document contains information concerning the semiconductor industry and our business segments generally, which is forward-looking in nature and is based on a variety of assumptions regarding the ways in which the semiconductor industry, our market segments and product areas will develop. We have based these assumptions on information currently available to us, if any one or more of these assumptions turn out to be incorrect, actual market results may differ from those predicted. While we do not know what impact any such differences may have on our business, if there are such differences, our future results of operations and financial condition, and the market price of the notes, could be materially adversely affected. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak to results only as of the date the statements were made; and, except for any ongoing obligation to disclose material information as required by the United States federal securities laws, we do not have any intention or obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements after we distribute this document, whether to reflect any future events or circumstances or otherwise. For a discussion of potential risks and uncertainties, please refer to the risk factors listed in our SEC filings. Copies of our filings are available from our Investor Relations department or from the SEC website, www.sec.gov.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1488843
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1488852
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: NXP, Android, iPhone, product selector, Android app, mobile app , Communications, Digital Audio, Web, Smart Phone, iPods, iphone, Search, Applications, Security, Research, EMail, Social Media, USA, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Financial, Engineering, Business, Email, Other,