|Page (1) of 1 - 12/06/11||email article||print page|
NXP Announces Breakthrough Silicon TV Tuner Fully Optimized for On-Board DesignTDA18274 Features Full Integration of RF Filter and State-of-the-Art LTE Immunity (December 06, 2011)
EINDHOVEN, NETHERLANDS -- (Marketwire) -- 12/06/11 -- NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) today announced the TDA18274 -- a groundbreaking high-performance silicon tuner for worldwide terrestrial and cable TV reception. Supporting all analog and digital TV standards, the TDA18274 hybrid silicon tuner is optimized for direct "on-board" designs and will be available in two versions: a 48-pin HLQFN package version featuring fully integrated RF filters, and a 40-pin HVQFN package version with external UHF and VHF filters. The TDA18274 is also optimized for multi-tuner applications, eliminating the need for a companion chip by integrating the RF splitter function, enabling shared use of a single 16-MHz crystal via a crystal oscillator output buffer, and providing a control interface that can manage up to 4 tuners via four I2C addresses.
Significantly, the TDA18274 provides strong immunity to LTE interference -- a mounting concern in the TV industry, as ultra-fast LTE networks using frequencies formerly allocated to analog television are rolled out worldwide, and consumer adoption of 4G LTE handsets continues to grow. The TDA18274 also offers improved handling of DTG D-Book 7 requirements, as well as strong immunity to other spurious and field interferences including EMI (electromagnetic interference). NXP will demonstrate the TDA18274 at 2012 International CES in Las Vegas, Nevada (Central Plaza 8) from January 10 - 13. Samples are available now for selected customers. Further information is available via http://www.nxp.com/pip/TDA18274HN
Facts / Highlights
Additional features in the TDA18274 high-performance silicon TV tuner include:
- RF input bandwidth extended to 1 GHz in anticipation of updates to OCUR specification
- Flexible low-IF output interface from 3 to 7.5 MHz, enabling high compatibility with SoCs
- Best-in-class phase noise performance; return loss higher than 8 dB with 4 dB noise figure
- Two (2) General Purpose Output (GPO) pins
- No need for external LNA, SAW filters and extra balun, or for manual alignment
- Reduced Bill of Materials to less than $0.30, including eBoM, connector and shielding
- Availability in both 48-pin (7-mm x 7-mm) and 40-pin (6-mm x 6-mm) HL/HVQFN packages
Standards targeted with the TDA18274 include:
- All analog (PAL, SECAM, NTSC) and digital TV standards worldwide (DVB-T/T2, DVB-C/C2, ATSC, ISDB-T, DTMB, J.83B)
- Specifications including ARIB STD-B21 (Japan, Brazil), A74-2010 (US), C-Book (EU), D-Book 7 (UK), E-Book (EU), CENELEC EN55020 (EU), NorDig 2.2 (EU) and OCUR (US)
- "NXP has industry-leading silicon tuner experience supporting worldwide broadcasting standards, specialty RF process technology, and a strong global supply chain -- a key consideration for TV set manufacturers, who value high performance and high reliability. With the introduction of its latest hybrid silicon tuner, NXP is driving forward the wide-ranging shift from traditional can-type tuners to 'on-board' silicon TV tuners, which are smaller in form factor, more reliable, consume less power -- and are ultimately more cost-effective," said Gerry Kaufhold, In-Stat analyst.
- "Many of our customers have already started shipping TV sets with silicon tuner chips on board. With the TDA18274, our aim is to enable mass adoption of on-board silicon tuners on an even broader scale. Its highly integrated design, the ability to support multi-tuner applications, and strong immunity to LTE and other wireless network interference make the TDA18274 a straightforward choice for TV manufacturers who want to reduce the number of components required and take advantage of the simplicity, performance advantages, and reduced bill of materials enabled by silicon tuners today," said Fabrice Punch, international product marketing manager, TV front-end business line, NXP Semiconductors.
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 25 countries, NXP posted revenue of $4.4 billion in 2010. Additional information can be found by visiting www.nxp.com.
This document includes forward-looking statements which include statements regarding NXP's business strategy, financial condition, results of operations, and market data, as well as any other statements which are not historical facts. By their nature, forward-looking statements are subject to numerous factors, risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcomes and results to be materially different from those projected. These factors, risks and uncertainties include the following: market demand and semiconductor industry conditions; the ability to successfully introduce new technologies and products; the end-market demand for the goods into which NXP's products are incorporated; the ability to generate sufficient cash, raise sufficient capital or refinance corporate debt at or before maturity; the ability to meet the combination of corporate debt service, research and development and capital investment requirements; the ability to accurately estimate demand and match manufacturing production capacity accordingly or obtain supplies from third-party producers; the access to production capacity from third-party outsourcing partners; any events that might affect third-party business partners or NXP's relationship with them; the ability to secure adequate and timely supply of equipment and materials from suppliers; the ability to avoid operational problems and product defects and, if such issues were to arise, to correct them quickly; the ability to form strategic partnerships and joint ventures and to successfully cooperate with alliance partners; the ability to win competitive bid selection processes to develop products for use in customers' equipment and products; the ability to successfully establish a brand identity; the ability to successfully hire and retain key management and senior product architects; and, the ability to maintain good relationships with our suppliers. In addition, this document contains information concerning the semiconductor industry and NXP's business segments generally, which is forward-looking in nature and is based on a variety of assumptions regarding the ways in which the semiconductor industry, NXP's market segments and product areas may develop. NXP has based these assumptions on information currently available, if any one or more of these assumptions turn out to be incorrect, actual market results may differ from those predicted. While NXP does not know what impact any such differences may have on its business, if there are such differences, its future results of operations and its financial condition could be materially adversely affected. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak to results only as of the date the statements were made. Except for any ongoing obligation to disclose material information as required by the United States federal securities laws, NXP does not have any intention or obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements after we distribute this document, whether to reflect any future events or circumstances or otherwise. For a discussion of potential risks and uncertainties, please refer to the risk factors listed in our SEC filings. Copies of our SEC filings are available from on our Investor Relations website, www.nxp.com/investor or from the SEC website, www.sec.gov.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1822800
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1822797
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: nxp, tda18274, silicon tuner, tv, tv tuner, lte, hybrid, rf filter, multi-tuner, ces 2012, immunity, USA, Marketwire, , CES Attendees, Financial, Shipping, Television, Business, Other,