|Page (1) of 1 - 04/07/03||email article||print page|
NAB: Avid Announces Xpress ProMojo hardware adds portable acceleration
Avid Xpress Pro with Mojo includes support for 24p digital video, automatic color correction and uncompressed video over FireWire. Avid Xpress Pro software offers 24 video and 24 audio tracks (unlimited through nesting), 2D and 3D OpenGL-based effects, enhanced titling, JKL edit, trim and machine control. Avid IllusionFX, Image Stabilization, Pan and Zoom, the FilmMaker's Toolkit, Sonic ReelDVD, Sorenson Squeeze 3.1 Compression Suite, Boris Graffiti and Profound Effects Elastic Gasket software are included in every Avid Xpress Pro box.
Other features include:
- OneStep AutoCorrect color correction, which allows editors to automatically color correct an entire sequence with a single click;
- Includes features from Symphony's real-time color correction tools , including previous, current and next-frame windows; before and after split-screens; and NaturalMatch technology with vectorscope and waveform monitors;
- DV Scene Extraction;
- OneStep Dynamic Storyboards;
- Quick Transitions;
- Support for 23.976 project types, as well as 35:1, 28:1P, and 14:1 offline film resolutions;
- Support for the Panasonic AG-DVX100 24p camera;
- 15:1s Avid offline resolution;
- Support for native DV25 media transcoding into and mixed with the 15:1s offline resolution in the same timeline in real time;
- Real-time DV output to tape with real-time 2D and 3D digital video effects;
- DV25 to uncompressed SD input and output;
- Real-time video monitoring;
- Real-time analog-to-DV and DV-to-analog conversion;
- Real-time uncompressed graphics and titles via analog output port;
- S-video composite input and output;
- Frame-accurate output to tape;
- Multi-channel audio punch-in with low-latency monitoring;
- 20-bit analog audio input and output;
- 24-bit audio file compatibility with Digidesign Pro Tools software;
- Genlock synchronization to black burst;
- Support for NTSC and PAL.
Avid Xpress Pro software is expected to be available in the second quarter for $1,695 with cross-platform versions (Mac OS X and Windows) included in the same box. Avid Mojo is expected to be available in the third quarter separately for $1,695. For more information, visit http://www.avid.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:NAB: Avid Announces Xpress Pro