|Page (1) of 2 - 01/16/06||email article||print page|
Motion Quick Tip 2: More on Motion PathsUsing multiple motion paths to create stopping points along the way
For this example, I'll use the same project that I used in the first tutorial in this series (which you can read by clicking here ). All you'll need is a background image and some sort of foreground object that will be animated to move around on the canvas. (In my case, that object is an arrow.)
Applying multiple behaviors
So, to begin, we're going to be doing basically the same thing we did in the first tutorial. But instead of adding one behavior to our arrow object, we'll be applying multiple Motion Path behaviors to it.
In my case, I want to have three stopping points along the course of my animation: two in the middle of the path and one at the end. Here's how you set that up.
1. Go to the Library palette, and choose Behaviors > Basic Motion > Motion Path.
2. Drag this onto your object in the layers palette. Then repeat two more times so that you wind up with three Motion Path behaviors attached to your object.
3. Select the Motion Path listed first in your Layers palette, and set its end point to the place where you want the object to stop first.
4. Select the Motion Path listed second in the Layers palette, and set its end point to the place where you want your arrow object to stop second. (Don't be too precise with this; you'll likely need to make adjustments to the end points at the end of the next section.)
5. And, finally, select the third Motion Path listed in the Layers palette and set its end point to the final destination of your object. (Don't be too precise with this; you'll likely need to make adjustments to the end points at the end of the next section.)
Adjusting the duration of the behaviors
Now, obviously, we don't want to use all three behaviors at the same time. So we need to adjust the star and end points of the behaviors themselves in the timeline. Here's how that works.
Related Keywords:apple motion 2, motion paths, animating arrows
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved