|Page (1) of 1 - 04/25/12||email article||print page|
Moffitt Cancer Center Supports Personalized Medicine With Oracle Health Sciences TechnologyNext-Generation Health and Research Informatics Platform Transforms Data Into Actionable Information (April 25, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/25/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Moffitt Cancer Center has gone live with its next-generation health and research informatics (HRI) platform, built on Oracle Health Sciences solutions. In early deployment, the new platform enables Moffitt to accelerate clinical trial patient recruitment and advance personalized medicine.
- The new informatics environment, built using Oracle Health Sciences Enterprise Healthcare Analytics, Oracle Healthcare Master Person Index, Oracle Fusion Middleware, and Oracle Database 11g, supports Moffitt's Total Cancer Care program by generating new intelligence from existing systems.
- Securely synthesizing data from numerous clinical sources, a state-of-the-art biobank, and patient-reported information, the Oracle solution delivers rapid and accurate analysis that is helping to reveal new insight around treatment effectiveness at an individual level, with the goal of advancing personalized medicine initiatives.
- Since deploying the solution, Moffitt has experienced an increase in the number of data requests from researchers and has streamlined patient cohort identification for cancer treatment studies.
- Moffitt has automated clinical trial candidate identification, eliminating a manual effort that required months of reviewing paper and electronic data sources to identify the best candidates. Today, researchers can access information on-demand, from their desktops to find de-identified patient cohorts within minutes.
- Increasing the volume of data available for analysis will enable Moffitt to identify and validate targeted patient populations for cancer trials and, thereby, improve clinical trial efficiency and productivity.
- The HRI platform sets the stage for developing a true Learning Healthcare System. Data collected electronically at the point-of-care can be made available for advanced research studies. Discoveries from this research will ultimately be reincorporated into clinical decision support tools that facilitate the delivery of individualized and personalized patient care.
- "Oracle is honored to play a foundational role in Moffitt Cancer Center's new health and research informatics platform," said Neil de Crescenzo, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Health Sciences. "Even in its early deployment, the platform shows tremendous potential to help Moffitt Cancer Center advance its personalized medicine initiative and improve outcomes. Moffitt's work in this area is a testament to the power of IT to drive innovation in healthcare."
- "With our health and research informatics platform built on Oracle solutions, we've improved our ability to standardize, aggregate, and analyze internal and external data -- ranging in granularity from molecular information to patient outcomes -- to advance our Total Cancer Care initiative," said Mark Hulse, R.N., vice president of information technology and chief information officer, Moffitt Cancer Center. "In addition, our ability to use the platform to quickly identify possible candidates for clinical trials is an important first win."
- Oracle in Health Sciences
- Follow Oracle Health Sciences on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Health Sciences Community on Facebook
- Oracle Health Sciences on YouTube
- Press Release: Moffitt Cancer Center and Oracle Health Sciences to Develop Next-Generation Health and Research Informatics System
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to health sciences, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Located in Tampa, Moffitt Cancer Center is the only Florida-based National Cancer Institute Comprehensive Cancer Center, a designation that recognizes Moffitt's excellence in research and contributions to clinical trials, prevention and cancer control. Moffitt has 14 affiliates in Florida, one in Georgia, one in Pennsylvania and two in Puerto Rico. Moffitt is also a member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, a prestigious alliance of the country's leading cancer centers, and is listed in U.S. News & World Report as one of "America's Best Hospitals" for cancer.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Oracle, Personalized Medicine, Healthcare, Translational Research Center, Moffitt cancer, Database, Hardware, Other, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Medicine, healthcare, Cancer, Surgery, Medication, Medical, Computer Science, Cancer, Business, Other,