|Page (1) of 1 - 10/05/11||email article||print page|
Model Metrics Lifts the Barriers to Enterprise Cloud MobilizationExpanded Services Make Enterprise Cloud Mobilization a Reality With Deployment Accelerators and Support for Any Platform Using Any Device; New Digital Sales Aid for iPad Application Transforms Sales for Customers; Cloud Services Leader's Mobile Projec (October 05, 2011)
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 10/05/11 -- Model Metrics, the leader in cloud computing services for the enterprise, today announced expanded services that lift the barriers to mobilizing the enterprise workforce. Based on nearly ten years of expertise at the intersection of cloud and mobility, Model Metrics is introducing a new set of capabilities including deployment accelerators and support for multiple development technologies and form factors. Today, the company also released its first accelerator for the iPad, the Model Metrics Digital Sales Aid, an application which transforms how sales organizations sell in the field.
"Today we are removing the obstacles to businesses becoming mobile social enterprises," said Adam Caplan, CEO of Model Metrics. "The number of mobile projects we've completed this year has grown by 600 percent because of our unique understanding of what it takes to mobilize the cloud and to deliver tangible business value."
Lifting the Barriers to Enterprise Cloud Mobility
The expanded set of services that Model Metrics is announcing today focus on mitigating four primary barriers to enterprise adoption of mobile clouds based on Model Metrics' front line expertise with some of the largest mobile cloud deployments.
1. What should our mobile strategy be?
- Model Metrics' Mobile Strategy Offering helps enterprises develop a roadmap towards a successful mobile cloud deployment. With today's trends of device democratization and employee-driven device support, it is more complicated for enterprises to make decisions regarding device strategy, support, and application management, among many other factors. Model Metrics guides enterprises to define their mobile use cases, re-architect business process for a mobile environment, and determine what technology and form factors best suit their needs.
2. What technology should we use?
- The optimal development technology varies greatly depending on customer use case and complexity. Model Metrics makes it easy for customers to accomplish their mobility objectives by providing support any development technology, including:
- Native development -- Model Metrics develops both iOS and Android applications, or leverages its 2GO Cloud Platform, which can be compiled to native apps for iOS and Android devices.
- Web technology -- With the growing popularity of HTML5, Model Metrics has developed multiple HTML5 applications to resolve cross platform issues that can arise in developing applications across mobile operating systems. Model Metrics also offers support for touch-based CRM apps.
- Hybrid -- Model Metrics can use a hybrid of HTML5 and native APIs to build complex enterprise mobile applications. HTML5 solves cross platform issues while leveraging native APIs creates richer applications, including being able to access cameras, GPS and RFID functionality.
3. Which form factors should we deploy and support?
- The reality is that many companies do not have the luxury of rolling out an application for just one mobile device. This is partly due to employee-driven device support becoming more common. This makes mobile application development more costly and risky.
- Model Metrics's cross-platform mobile development expertise makes it is possible for applications to run off a single code base across multiple form factors built by multiple manufacturers on multiple mobile operating systems. Its user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) expertise makes it possible to define UIs for each form factor, whether a smart phone or tablet.
4. How can we gain business value and competitive advantage?
- Model Metrics is helping customers gain tangible business value from mobility through pre-built deployment accelerators that make cloud mobilization faster and cheaper. Today Model Metrics is announcing the release of its first accelerator, the Model Metrics Digital Sales Aid for iPad.
- Already in use by more than 2,500 users, the Digital Sales Aid helps enterprises efficiently deliver compelling sales presentations on the go. The application enables field sales reps to quickly feature and demonstrate key product attributes using a variety of content that is kept up to date via synchronization with an enterprise content library.
- The Digital Sales Aid can be customized directly with an easy-to-use graphical UI. This includes complete flexibility on each screen for how the application looks and feels as well as the visual features iPad applications are known for.
- The Digital Sales Aid is available today on the salesforce.com AppExchange.
- View a demo here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU2vAElHNaTWs&v=zcO4ph6bEso
- View this customer video here: http://www.modelmetrics.com/marketing-viewpoint/how-zimmer-is-taking-their-cloud-data-mobile-on-the-ipad/
- Please see Model Metrics' accompanying announcement today regarding its mobile customer momentum here: http://www.modelmetrics.com/about-us/press-releases/
About Model Metrics
Model Metrics delivers solutions and services at the cutting edge of the cloud computing industry. Since its founding in 2003, Model Metrics has become one of the most diversified and respected partners of salesforce.com, Amazon Web Services, Adobe, Apple, and Google. Headquartered in Chicago with offices across the country, Model Metrics' customer base spans all industries and includes enterprises such as Abbott, Allergan, Aon, Honeywell, L'Oreal, MasterCard, Medtronic, NBC Universal, The Boeing Company and Walgreens.
With a focus on mobile and call center technology, social enterprise solutions, business process and change management innovation, and custom development, Model Metrics has completed 1,500+ salesforce.com implementations for mid-sized and Fortune 1000 companies. Its world-class application development skills using Force.com, Adobe Flex and AIR, Amazon Web Services, Google and the Apple iPhone enable the creation of custom applications featuring multimedia-rich user experiences. To learn more, visit http://www.modelmetrics.com. Follow us on Twitter at @modelmetricsinc.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Model Metrics, Salesforce.com, Google, iPhone, cloud computing, digital sales aid, Amazon Web Services, Sales, Applications, CRM - Customer Relationship Management, Sales & Marketing, Productivity Applications, Computer Technology, Internet, Cloud Computing, Desktop Operating Systems, Other Applications, Other, Mobile Devices, Internet Server Applications, Management, Sales, CEO/CFO, Sales, Pro AV, Management, Presentors, Business, Business Issues, Presentation, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Internet Technology, Computer Science, Business, Other,