|Page (1) of 1 - 08/22/11||email article||print page|
Model Metrics Identifies Top Five Enterprise Cloud Computing PrioritiesCloud Mobilization, Social Technologies and a "Sky Is the Limit" Approach to App Development Drive Cloud Services in 2011 (August 22, 2011)
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 08/22/11 -- Model Metrics, the leader in cloud computing services for the enterprise, today identified the top five enterprise cloud computing priorities for 2011, based on more than 150+ enterprise customer projects completed so far this year. As one of the earliest cloud services companies, Model Metrics has a unique vantage point from its role advising enterprises on how to successfully transform their businesses using the cloud. As a result, Model Metrics identified the top trends the company is seeing across customers implementing new cloud initiatives in 2011.
"The cloud has taken a new shape in 2011," said Adam Caplan, CEO of Model Metrics. "It's no longer just moving business processes to the cloud; it's about deploying cutting-edge mobile and social apps that enable businesses to change the way their employees work."
Top five enterprise cloud computing priorities:
1. Mobilize the cloud to deliver business value. Eighty percent of Model Metrics' customers have smart phone and tablet adoption plans as part of their cloud deployment initiatives, growing Model Metrics' number of mobile projects by nearly three times in 2011. Examples include dynamic illustrations of medical products on iPads to guide surgeons in operating rooms to custom mobile apps that track product inventory. Enterprises who approach their mobile strategies with the goal to improve business processes are experiencing business return.
2. Engage communities with social technologies. In addition to leveraging social technologies such as Facebook and Twitter to more closely engage with their communities, 60 percent of Model Metrics' customers are exploring social enterprise technologies to improve employee collaboration. Enterprises are looking for guidance on how to turn this new paradigm of community engagement into business value using the cloud.
3. Transition any business process to the cloud. From compensation and supply chain management to customer facing retail systems, the sky is the limit when it comes to what enterprises are building in the cloud. New enterprise projects this year continue to diversify and the growth of custom apps on cloud platforms continues to accelerate to touch new areas of the business, including mobilizing customer-facing business processes, budget management and vertical industry apps.
4. Design cloud business apps that drive adoption. Enterprises want customized business and customer-facing apps that reflect their brand and are designed for usability, especially when it comes to mobile apps. This requires new design methodologies specific to cloud user experience (UX) and user interface (UI). Eighty percent of Model Metrics' customers customize their UI and UX, including designing the most efficient clickstream for their specific business process. As a result, Model Metrics recently launched Model FX, the first creative design lab focused on cloud computing, to accelerate and extend its leadership in cloud app design.
5. Deploy globally, customize locally. Sixty percent of Model Metrics' cloud deployments have global reach in 2011, double from a year ago. This is a result of multi-national enterprise adoption of the cloud and an increase in enterprise-wide use cases. These deployments feature multi-language support, localization and customer and partner access from anywhere in the world.
About Model Metrics
Model Metrics, enabler of the Model Enterprise, delivers solutions and services at the cutting edge of the cloud computing industry. Since its founding in 2003, Model Metrics has become one of the most diversified and respected partners of salesforce.com, Amazon Web Services, Adobe, Apple, and Google. Headquartered in Chicago with offices across the country, Model Metrics' customer base spans all industries and includes enterprises such as Abbott, Allergan, Aon, Honeywell, L'Oreal, MasterCard, Medtronic, NBC Universal, The Boeing Company and Walgreens.
With a focus on mobile and call center technology, social enterprise solutions, business process and change management innovation, and custom development, Model Metrics has completed 1,500+ salesforce.com implementations for mid-sized and Fortune 1000 companies. Its world-class application development skills using Force.com, Adobe Flex and AIR, Amazon Web Services, Google and the Apple iPhone and iPad enable the creation of custom applications featuring multimedia-rich user experiences. To learn more, visit www.modelmetrics.com. Follow us on Twitter at @modelmetricsinc.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Model Metrics, Salesforce.com, Google, iPhone, cloud computing, Adobe, Amazon Web Services, Facebook, Applications, Productivity Applications, Internet, Cloud Computing, Other Applications, Internet Server Applications, Management, CEO/CFO, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Internet Technology, Business,