|Page (1) of 1 - 06/09/11||email article||print page|
Model Metrics' Customer Ingram Micro Wins CIO Magazine's CIO 100 AwardSelected for the Innovation and Success of the Ingram Micro Cloud Website, Developed and Deployed With the Help of Model Metrics (June 09, 2011)
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 06/09/11 -- Model Metrics, the leader in cloud computing services for the enterprise, today announced that customer Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE: IM) has been named a recipient of IDG's CIO magazine's 2011 CIO 100 Award. Ingram Micro, the world's largest technology distributor, received the prestigious honor based on the innovation and success of the Ingram Micro Cloud website (http://www.ingrammicrocloud.com), which Model Metrics helped to design, develop and deploy.
Model Metrics and Ingram Micro partner to deliver the Ingram Micro Cloud to 35,000 partners
- The Ingram Micro Cloud is part of Ingram Micro's effort to enable the success of its reseller partners in the cloud by providing them with education and business development opportunities. Innovative to Ingram Micro's strategy was the company's decision to deliver its cloud strategy via the cloud, using cutting-edge cloud technology.
- Model Metrics partnered with Ingram Micro from advising the company on the cloud landscape to the delivery of the system. Because it was built 100 percent in the cloud, the site was deployed rapidly and live within four months with no IT infrastructure required.
- The resulting cloud-based system is intuitive and easy for partners to navigate, while also being highly customized to Ingram Micro's needs and existing business processes.
- Today the Ingram Micro Cloud is the first of its kind in the industry and is the go-to business and education resource for approximately 1,600 solutions providers and managed service providers (MSPs).
Comments on the news
- "Ingram Micro is exemplary for its use of the cloud to enable thousands of reseller partners," said Adam Caplan, CEO of Model Metrics. "We congratulate Ingram Micro on receiving this great honor and are proud of our role in bringing their vision to life."
About CIO Magazine's CIO 100 Awards
- The recipients of this year's CIO 100 award were selected through a three-step process. First, companies filled out an online application form detailing their innovative IT and business initiatives. Next, a team of judges reviewed the applications in depth, looking for unique practices and substantial results. Finally, CIO editors reviewed the judges' recommendations and voted on the final 100.
- Complete coverage of the 2011 CIO 100 awards will be online at www.cio.com on August 1, 2011 and in the August 1 issue of CIO magazine.
About Model Metrics
Model Metrics, enabler of the Model Enterprise, delivers solutions and services at the cutting edge of the cloud computing industry. Since its founding in 2003, Model Metrics has become one of the most diversified and respected partners of salesforce.com, Amazon Web Services, Adobe, and Google. Headquartered in Chicago with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Detroit, Minneapolis and Dallas, Model Metrics' customer base spans all industries and includes enterprises such as Abbott, Allstate, Aon, Cars.com, CME Group, Honeywell, InfoUSA, MasterCard, Medtronic, and Orbitz.
With a focus on mobile and call center technology, business process and change management innovation, and custom development, Model Metrics has completed 1,500+ salesforce.com implementations for mid-sized and Fortune 1000 companies. Its world-class application development skills using Force.com, Adobe Flex and AIR, Amazon Web Services, Google and the Apple iPhone enable the creation of custom applications featuring multimedia-rich user experiences. To learn more, visit http://www.modelmetrics.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @modelmetricsinc.
Kulesa Faul, Inc. for Model Metrics, Inc.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Model Metrics, cloud computing, Ingram Micro, CIO 100 Awards, Google, Salesforce.com, Amazon, iPhone, Applications, Shipping & Receiving, Education, Productivity Applications, Internet, Business Issues, Cloud Computing, Other Applications, Internet Server Applications, infrastructure, Management, CTO/CIO, CEO/CFO, Marketwire, Inc., Apple Computer, Internet Technology, Business,