|Page (1) of 1 - 04/04/12||email article||print page|
Mobiquity Takes Buildium Mobile; App for Property Management Software Leader Has Native-Like ScrollingMobiquity Giving Code Innovations to the Open-Source Community (April 04, 2012)
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/04/12 -- Mobiquity, a professional services firm creating innovative and engaging enterprise-class mobile solutions that drive business value, today announced it has developed and released a new app for Buildium, a Boston-based property management software developer. The Buildium app gets the company's software out into the field where property managers spend much of their time.
A must-have for the new Buildium app was the ability to quickly and effortlessly access a very long list of properties. The company had in-house HTML skills it wanted to take advantage of while going multiplatform (iOS and Android) all at once.
However, an HTML5/PhoneGap solution couldn't handle lengthy series of data elegantly. Scrolling was jerky, time-consuming and frustrating. Mobiquity developers wrote code to overcome this challenge.
- With Mobiquity's innovative approach, the app scrolls smoothly through the lists of up to 4,500 entries with the look and feel of a native iOS or Android App.
- To make this happen, Mobiquity brought the concept of "recycling" cells to HTML5. Mobiquity then added bounds, tap and swipe detection, momentum, an #-A-Z jump-to-section widget -- and more -- to deliver a native experience. Listen to senior developer Matt Nunes explain how he came up with this solution.
- Mobiquity plans to release its code to the open-source community so others can continue to enhance and build onto it.
- Mobiquity's Buildium app allows users to add, edit and view a vast amount of property, tenant, owner and vendor information. Managers are able to add photos of properties and units while still on site and can use their phone's mapping programs to easily get directions to a property. Users can also launch the full version of Buildium at any time, no login required.
- The Buildium app is now available at the App Store and Google Play.
What People Are Saying:
"We knew that extending Buildium to mobile devices in a way that was responsive and easy to use would be a challenge," said Coryndon Luxmoore, VP of User Experience for Buildium. "That's why we partnered with Mobiquity. We're excited to give the scrolling innovation they delivered back to the open source community, and even more excited to deliver the Buildium app to our customers at no additional cost."
Buildium LLC provides simple and affordable cloud property-management software solutions to landlords, property managers, condominiums and homeowner associations. Founded in 2004, today more than 5,000 customers use Buildium's online property-management software to manage nearly half a million units in 31 countries around the world.
Mobiquity is a professional services firm working with the Global 2000 to design, build, deploy and manage enterprise-class mobile solutions. With Mobiquity, clients benefit from the breadth and depth of our cross-disciplinary teams to unleash the power of mobile. Our strategists map out how mobile technology can drive business innovation. Our user-experience designers create apps that engage the consumer and promote the brand. And our development team builds integrated business solutions that drive success. Co-founded by consulting veteran Bill Seibel (COO, Cambridge Technology Partners, CEO, ZEFER) and leading mobile strategist Dr. Scott Snyder (president, Breakthru Advisors; CEO and president, Decision Strategies International), Mobiquity has teamed the leaders from the client-server and Internet waves with those driving innovation in mobile today. To learn more, visit www.mobiquityinc.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: mobile development, html5, mobile strategy, Productivity Applications, Internet, Business Issues, Management, CEO/CFO, Marketwire, , Internet Technology, Business, Internet,