|Page (1) of 1 - 11/15/11||email article||print page|
Mobiquity Founds Wireless Innovation Council; Major Public and Private Sector Organizations Partner to Identify, Collaborate on Opportunities Created by Disruptive Advances in Wireless Technology and ApplicationsMobiquity Welcomes WIC Charter Members and University Research Partners; Takes Industry Leadership in Driving Forward-Looking Research, Identifying New Business Models Created by Wireless Technology and Applications (November 15, 2011)
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/11 -- Mobiquity (www.mobiquityinc.com), a professional services firm specializing in the design, build, deployment and management of innovative enterprise-class mobile solutions, today announced it has founded the Wireless Innovation Council (WIC). WIC brings together strategic decision-makers from across key industries and functions to identify and collaborate on wireless innovation made possible by rapid advances in this disruptive technology. Already, almost a dozen organizations from the public and private sectors have joined WIC as charter members; additionally, Babson College's Center for Information Management Studies and the University of Southern California's Marshall School of Business' Institute for Communications Technology Management will serve as WIC's exclusive academic research partners.
- Mobiquity's President and Chief Strategy Officer, Dr. Scott Snyder, developed the concept for WIC and will serve as the Council's facilitator
- WIC charter members include senior representatives from BAE Systems, Boston Scientific, Catalyst Rx, DuPont, Fidelity Investments, LexisNexis (a member of Reed Elsevier), The L'Oreal Group, SUPERVALU Inc., Pitney Bowes, United Healthcare, and the U.S. Navy
- The WIC will work to identify opportunities and threats to current industries and business models posed by emerging wireless technologies and applications
- Supported by its two academic research partners, Babson and USC, WIC will conduct research in areas of common interest to inform wireless strategies and stimulate cross-industry collaboration opportunities
- WIC will examine how to leverage wireless as an innovation platform across industries to create significant value for participating companies
- The group will meet quarterly and commission exclusive research to provide insights into emerging opportunity areas such as impact of wireless on consumer behavior and the interaction of users and connected objects; new members will be considered on an ongoing basis
Comments on the News
Scott Snyder, President and Chief Strategy Officer, Mobiquity: "We are entering the next wave in computing and communications due to the explosion of smart devices, everywhere connectivity, and innovative applications. But to date, the primary beneficiaries of wireless innovation have been consumers, and not businesses. This situation represents a huge missed opportunity with the potential to threaten businesses' long-term bottom lines. WIC fills an industry void by creating a forum for dialog and collaboration among key players to identify innovation opportunities at the intersections of critical industries."
Michele Vivona, Senior Vice President of Global Web Strategy for LexisNexis: "LexisNexis and Reed Elsevier are delighted to join the Wireless Innovation Council with Mobiquity. To work with the leading experts across a variety of industries and organizations, and to engage on the toughest challenges and opportunities within wireless and mobile are the key reasons we joined the Council. We look forward to obtaining and providing key insight and research for this critical next wave of technology, while we collaborate across industries and organizations to possibly develop the next set of innovations and ideas."
Dr. Phil Hendrix, Founder immr, GigaOm Pro analyst and Research Director, WIC: "Wireless technologies are fueling innovation, empowering consumers and transforming businesses at a rate not seen since the Industrial Revolution. Recognizing this potential, developers are transforming and creating entirely new businesses in m-commerce, m-health, mobile payments and, in the words of industry observers, m-everything. As new capabilities and opportunities emerge, companies will compete to incorporate wireless into their thinking, strategies, and processes. By providing a forum that fosters learning, interaction, and exchange, the WIC is in a unique position to help member companies capitalize on the new wireless frontier."
Mobiquity is a professional services firm working with the Global 2000 to design, build deploy and manage enterprise-class mobile solutions. With Mobiquity, clients uniquely benefit from the breadth and depth of our cross-disciplinary teams to unleash the power of mobile. Our strategists map out how mobile technology can drive business innovation. Our user experience designers create apps that engage the user and promote the brand. And our development team builds integrated business solutions that drive success. Co-founded by consulting veteran Bill Seibel (COO, Cambridge Technology Partners, CEO, ZEFER) and leading mobile strategist Dr. Scott Snyder (President, Breakthru Advisors, CEO and President, Decision Strategies International), Mobiquity has teamed the leaders from the client-server and internet waves with those driving innovation in mobile today. To learn more, visit www.mobiquityinc.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: mobile, enterprise, wireless, IT infrastructure, Marketwire, Inc., , Communications Technology, Internet Technology, Business, Internet,